• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
33 + 12 = 45% is however. Unless you're doing the age old trick of adding in the 30% that never vote.
Included in your 33 are the conservatives who are fans of Clarke Soames Davidson etc. Somehow I don't think they will be rushing to support the current dysfunctional regime

Alistair20000

Amazing how things are so easily twisted to suit a narrative. Negotiating the best ‘deal’ possible with the EU would never be as good as the current ‘deal’ as a member, and Thirnbeery proposed putting that choice to the people, and backing the obvious.

She was annoying though, and didn’t counter the contradiction assertion very well at all, in fact the whole show was Brexit personified...shambolic !
It was. I nearly had to turn it off. Bad manners, rudeness, intolerance, excessive shouting, interruptions. failure to listen to and respect the views of others. Ian Blackford particularly guilty and I don't think this was one of the best performances from Fiona the Bruce, apart from skewering Lady Nugee. Ian Dale (who spoke very calmly) was stopped from asking matey in the audience (who was allowed an extended over long rant) a question.

I quite liked the bit where the Lib Dem school mistress Layla Moran was lecturing us about democracy. She was unable to reply at all when it was pointed out that her leader Jo Swinson is on record as saying if we have a further referendum and the people vote again to leave that she will ignore it.

Last edited:

DB9

In the midst of all this there were 5 million Tory voters who voted remain, I can't see them backing Johnson in a GE if he continues down this road, They won't vote Labour so I reckon the Lib Dems could really benefit

Alistair20000

Afternoon Al,

I am a fervent believer in your "we've formed a government by accident" scenario and marvel at the confidence with which the usual suspects predict that "Boris (sic) has it in the bag/will have a majority of 30"
Predicting the outcome of a GE in these turbulent times is even harder than winning any money on the Beat The Bookie thread.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Nice little meme I saw this morning:

"Hey MPs, can we Leave with a deal?"
"No."
"Are there any other deals we can Leave with?"
"No."
"OK, can we leave without a deal then?"
"No."
"Can we at least have an election then?"
"No."
"You're not trying to stop Brexit by any chance are you?"
"Shut up fascist - stop the coup!"

Alistair20000

As I said this is her own personal view but as a Labour front bench spokesperson it comes across as a confused answer, Saying we'll get the best deal but I'll vote remain in any second ref
The history of Teaser's abysmal "negotiation" tells us that someone who is managing something they do not believe in will end up with a turd being served up.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

The history of Teaser's abysmal "negotiation" tells us that someone who is managing something they do not believe in will end up with a turd being served up.
Can't argue with that

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Predicting the outcome of a GE in these turbulent times is even harder than winning any money on the Beat The Bookie thread.
I concur

geoffwp

Can't understand why any one of those MPs threatened by Cummings simply didn't offer him outside.

Alistair20000

Herewith a dream scenario or nightmare depending on one's POV

Michel Barnier: Congratulations on becoming Foreign Secretary Lady Nugee.

Emily Thornberry: Thanks Micky but do please call me Em.

MB: That would be disrespectful My Lady and by the way, I like to be called Michel. You don't need to pretend you speak a bit of pseudo working class with me.

ET: O.K. Ta mickey. I have come to negotiate a new deal.

MB: What do you want then My Lady ?

ET: I want to Remain.

MB: Yes, I think I understand. Shall we open a bottle of champagne before you fly back to Londres ?

ET: Pint of beer please Micky if we are on film.

Meanwhile one dreads to think what Diane Abbott is up to on the home front.