• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Every cloud eh Tavy 😉
Not really mate, I put that scenario as odds on. You thinking it’s hung parliament time again?

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
....or alternatively we’re at the start of an election campaign that will end with BJ chalking up a circa 30 seat majority.
That started more than a month ago.

As Johnson is now finding out, he doesn't have control of when it will be, and with him looking more out of his depth with every passing minute, Rees-Mogg behaving like a complete wazz, and the almost complete implosion of the govenment (where has all that positive "believe" energy gone, because I'm no longer seeing it), why wouldn't you let them wallow in it a bit longer?

There'll be a GNU in within two weeks, and then who knows? He'll have lost.

Grecian2K

....or alternatively we’re at the start of an election campaign that will end with BJ chalking up a circa 30 seat majority.
Only 30??? Even the hopeless Teaser was reckoned to be on course for at least 3x that. Surely your Boorish Blonde poster-boy might merit at least 40 in your bedazzled blue eyes?

Spoonz Red E

After hearing a certain (entirely unscripted) phrase Clumsily shoehorned too many times already today ... an update.

Grecian2K

There'll be a GNU in within two weeks, and then who knows? He'll have lost.
Bring it on! To plagiarise Flanders & Swann
I'd like a GNU
How about you?
(Although, to make the defenestration of the Tories complete (and wishing no ill upon JC) how about a "minor" health scare to sideline Mr C to allow an interim leader to take us into the campaign for a negotiated Brexit followed by a people's vote.? Someone already up to speed with the EU negotiations. Mr Starmer perhaps? I think even Ms Swinson-Clegg might even lean slightly back to the left for that one)

Grecian2K

After hearing a certain (entirely unscripted) phrase Clumsily shoehorned too many times already today ... an update.
View attachment 1159
Of course it will.
It's a Middle-England Blue, with a streak of yellow on its chest!

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
My, didn't that speech go well!

Must be conference season.

*Spanky also needs to go and sit down*

Grecian2K

My, didn't that speech go well!

Must be conference season.

*Spanky also needs to go and sit down*
"I'd rather be dead in a ditch than ask for an extension" quoth Boorish.
I'm sure Dom Cum is probably on the phone to his donor chums at JCB as we speak!

Do have to give the Johnson one thing though - he's a gift that just can't stop giving. No wonder the Tory high command kept him locked in a cupboard during most previous GE campaigns.

Last edited:

DB9

Not really mate, I put that scenario as odds on. You thinking it’s hung parliament time again?
I just think there are so many scenarios that can happen, Lib Dems taking most of Scots Tory seats cos they did vote to remain North of the Border and Scots Tories wont vote SNP or Labour, Labour losing seats to TBP because Labour voters won't vote Tory plus while everyone says the Tories will be the party of Brexit there were an awful lot of Tories that wanted to remain as goes Labour voters wanting to lead. Johnson is not as good as he thinks he is, Corbyn, Just cant see him being PM, He's better off as a thorn in a leaders side from the back benches. A GE will solve nothing because we are too divided and it will only be about Brexit no matter what the politicians will say.

Hung Parliament could be the best bet. I do know one thing though, If the Sun, Mail and Telegraph are taking the **** out of Corbyn, They see him as a real threat and i know that contradicts my earlier writing in the above paragraph

tavyred

When the campaign proper starts Corbyn will get slaughtered in the MSM, he and McDonnell will get confronted again with their Pro-Irish republican views and the rest and their Brexit stance will be see for what it is, an utter shambles and a betrayal of their 2017 position. I get the ‘Labour voters won’t vote Tory’ thing, but having just watched Boris doing a walk about in Labour Wakefield, I think BJ’s brand will get major cut through in these areas. Eventually the hiatus surrounding the fag end of this rotten parliament will end and minds will turn to who they want to run things. It won’t be Corbyn’s Labour.