• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I note the Brexit Broadcasting Corporation is indulging in a spot of 'Project Fear'; could 'No-Deal' be a bridge too far for them ?

No-deal Brexit could hit house prices
Am I going to be Whooshed here? Because I thought those on leave side said the BBC is biased towards remaining

elginCity

Am I going to be Whooshed here? Because I thought those on leave side said the BBC is biased towards remaining
Don't believe a word, the leave side tell porkies.

Rosencrantz

The BBC is biased against every possible view held according to anyone who holds that view 😉

Alistair20000

I note the Brexit Broadcasting Corporation is indulging in a spot of 'Project Fear'; could 'No-Deal' be a bridge too far for them ?

No-deal Brexit could hit house prices
Good news for the disadvantaged trying to get on the housing ownership ladder perhaps ?

Mr Jinx

Who is trapped? There will be a general election - No Deal or Remain and the people will get to choose.. We'll all be happy with that and the subsequent outcome no doubt:cool:
I was referring to those Tory MP's who aren't yet wedded to No Deal (as a fallback). In other words the Gaukeward squad. If they vote against Boris in a VONC which then triggers a GE, Johnson could then set wheels in motion to have them deselected. If this weren't enough of a deterrent then they could be effectively giving Jeremy Corbyn the keys to number 10 with all that that entails. I just can't see that Phillip Hammond, for one, would relish seeing his work being torn down by John McDonnell in all of about 5 minutes. And all because he doesn't want to see a No Deal scenario which might not happen anyway.

elginCity

Good news for the disadvantaged trying to get on the housing ownership ladder perhaps ?
Could be, assuming the economy (and therefore jobs) doesn't also tank. Historically, any policy that risks depreciating the assets on Acacia Avenue doesn't go down overly well with the Blue Rinse though.

manc grecian

The disadvantaged that are likely to be hit hardest by no deal?

Could just build loads more social housing to help the disadvantaged.

DB9

I was referring to those Tory MP's who aren't yet wedded to No Deal (as a fallback). In other words the Gaukeward squad. If they vote against Boris in a VONC which then triggers a GE, Johnson could then set wheels in motion to have them deselected. If this weren't enough of a deterrent then they could be effectively giving Jeremy Corbyn the keys to number 10 with all that that entails. I just can't see that Phillip Hammond, for one, would relish seeing his work being torn down by John McDonnell in all of about 5 minutes. And all because he doesn't want to see a No Deal scenario which might not happen anyway.
Jeremy Corbyn will never be PM, Even those who might lose the whip or be in threat of deselection will not vote for a result that would make Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott be given the chance to Govern, He'll, Even his own MP'S don't want him as PM. As I said before, He's against a no deal Brexit not Brexit and the Lib Dems and SNP want to remain full stop, If Johnson has to call a GE, He'll get No deal candidates in seats, Probably win with a majority and do it with a enough Tories to vote it through no matter what the opposition say or do

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
I just can't see that Phillip Hammond, for one, would relish seeing his work being torn down by John McDonnell in all of about 5 minutes.
Guess it depends whether he thinks McDonnell or No Deal are the biggest threat to the UK.

It's becoming clearer and clearer that it is probably the second of the two that is the bigger threat.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Jeremy Corbyn will never be PM, Even those who might lose the whip or be in threat of deselection will not vote for a result that would make Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott be given the chance to Govern, He'll, Even his own MP'S don't want him as PM. As I said before, He's against a no deal Brexit not Brexit and the Lib Dems and SNP want to remain full stop, If Johnson has to call a GE, He'll get No deal candidates in seats, Probably win with a majority and do it with a enough Tories to vote it through no matter what the opposition say or do
Don't know about that DB.

Tone seems to have had a good idea for a change. Any election at the beginning of December will be a disaster for the Tories. If Labour don't vote for an election now, it is Johnson that's cornered, not them.