• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unclear if it’s to do with wanting more time with her family rather than a fall out with BJ.

A blow to Johnson if she does resign.Under her leadership the Scottish Conservatives unexpectedly won a few seats in Scotland.
The real winners will be the SNP & their 2nd Indy Referendum hopes.
No wonder Nicola Sturgeon looked upbeat(though tempered it a bit about Parliament suspension)when interviewed this afternoon.
Politics playing of course.

According to this article, Oldsy, she definitely was very displeased with Johnson, which combined with having a kid has persuaded her to get out of it. Wouldn't be surprised to see her making a comeback later.

DB9

He knew that she rejects a no deal Brexit, She's been very open about this and I know she is a new mother and priorities change but I don't think she's liking the direction of the Tory Party especially it seems as if they're going down the no deal route

manc grecian

She can't stand him.

Alistair20000

She can't stand him.
Listening to another Conservative Scottish MP on the wireless this evening the suggestion was that she hates Boris intensely and is also finding it tough to lead a party with a new child to focus on. As Indo says, she will probably come back into the front line later.

DB9

As Indo says, she will probably come back into the front line later.
Maybe South of the border?

Alistair20000

Possibly.

Spoonz Red E

Is that before or after Trump has built the wall? ;)

tavyred

We’ve reached peak Remainer meltdown folks, and ain’t it a beautiful thing.

Some of the cringeworthy middle class strops in and around Westminster have been hilarious.
Meanwhile, ordinary working Brits look askance at these strange creatures and get on with their lives.

DB9

Some of the cringeworthy middle class strops in and around Westminster have been hilarious.
Meanwhile, ordinary working Brits look askance at these strange creatures and get on with their lives.
There'll be riots in the aisles of Waitrose 🤣

IndoMike

I wouldn't speak too soon if I were you. A lot of people will be victims of BREXIT ( losing jobs, other difficulties) : maybe a friend of yours or family. I hope not, Tavy.
Within a year or so we will start to find out if BREXIT was the correct decision or a big mistake.