• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Temporarily Exiled

Last edited:

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
A case of if you tell them enough, They believe it as fact

elginCity

Interesting Panorama tonight from the Brexit Broadcasting Corporation, fronted by R4 Today's Nick Robinson, you know John Humphreys' mate.

The programme culminated in a heartfelt appeal to British politicians for honesty, and a plan. Why the hell hasn't he and his Brexiter mate held politicians feet to the fire asking the very same during the past 3 years ? Pillox.

dontpassback

Today’s politicians aren’t fit for purpose,and when the next general election comes a lot of them will be out on their ear !!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Playing the man and not the ball, as is tradition. ...
Keep your hair on, pet, I only asked a simple question. 🤦‍♀️

tavyred

Do you not think that if they believe no deal would be a disaster for the UK, it is incumbent upon them to prevent it?
I think they are trying bless em.
Nothing that I can see gets around the fact that no deal is the default and only the Government can ask for an extension. Anyone else think that the risk of recession next year and a return to growth in 2021 will be worth it just to lance the Brexit boil before Christmas?

DB9

I think they are trying bless em.
Nothing that I can see gets around the fact that no deal is the default and only the Government can ask for an extension. Anyone else think that the risk of recession next year and a return to growth in 2021 will be worth it just to lance the Brexit boil before Christmas?
I'd say depends on how deep any recession would be, We all know those in charge won't take a hit but us mere mortals, If it's a deep one a lot of people could suffer

tavyred

I'd say depends on how deep any recession would be, We all know those in charge won't take a hit but us mere mortals......
Was it ever thus.
It was noticeable however that despite the hysteria, the OBR’s projections for no deal were quite benign.

IndoMike

The gaslighting operation truly is something to behold. We're told that people voted for no deal, we're told that there's an overwhelming majority, we're told that Norway was given no consideration in the campaign, we're told there's a mandate to leave at any costs, we're told that whatever the leave campaigns didn't engage in any illegal behaviour – but that if they did it didn't have had any effect (so why do it?), we're told that leave won 'wothout a shot being fired.

It's a collective revisionism on a mass scale, meant to make people question their own memories and perception of reality. It's the exact same thing Trump engages in, and it seems to work a treat both here and there.
Psychology at play. You can be watching an exciting film for 10 minutes, get really into it, and then decide to switch channel. When you switch channel, you get into another a really exciting
film and forget all about the first one. Information overkill thru social media, TV, the next breaking news etc etc. result in "now" quickly disappears into the recess of our minds.
Trump cleverly quickly realized this. He's on record as having lied more than 3000 times - he even denies the lies, despite proof - and people will still believe the next lie.
Yes, Johnson is a junior version of Trump. Johnson is shallow, is untrustworthy, has dodgy morals, is an opportunist and a fake. But., no matter how many times you can show thar, his fans dismiss all these realities.

Mr Jinx

Today’s politicians aren’t fit for purpose,and when the next general election comes a lot of them will be out on their ear !!
...ready for the next bunch of shiesters to take their place.