• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tory
Ubelieveable
Renegotiated
Deal

I wonder if it will be seen as this ?
Hmm, a De Pfeffel duster is ideal at polishing it. :)

arthur

It seems that we won't get a yes/no answer tomorrow if the Letwin amendment is carried:

That, in light of the new deal agreed with the European Union, which enables the United Kingdom to respect the result of the referendum on its membership of the European Union and to leave the European Union on 31 October with a deal, this house has considered the matter but withholds approval unless and until implementing legislation is passed.

Mr Jinx

Macron now echoing Juncker. If it doesn't get through the HOC tomorrow then I don't think there'll be extension (even if Boris is obliged to ask for one). The EU may just do us all a favour. They're done with it, and who can blame them.

Oldsmobile-88

Just to add to the drama around Westminster,a bloke with a Boris ‘syrup’ has climbed up the scaffolding of Big Ben..:D Turning into a real circus around the mother of all Parliaments !!

manc grecian

Macron now echoing Juncker. If it doesn't get through the HOC tomorrow then I don't think there'll be extension (even if Boris is obliged to ask for one). The EU may just do us all a favour. They're done with it, and who can blame them.
He said the same in March

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
But you're wrong spanky.
Thanks mate for the vote of confidence , Didn't see it previously.
Haven't seen you posting but hope everything went well for your cause , See you soon.
UTC.

arthur

If Johnson wins tomorrow he might lose the GE (1945 and all that). If he loses tomorrow he'll almost certainly win the GE. So maybe Catoline Flint and her pals will actually be doing us a favour

Alistair20000

If Johnson wins tomorrow he might lose the GE (1945 and all that). If he loses tomorrow he'll almost certainly win the GE. So maybe Catoline Flint and her pals will actually be doing us a favour
Evening art.

l can see you have bought into my analysis from earlier today as a possibility. (y)

Was not aware the fragrant Flint had Roman ancestry. ;)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's embarrassing for the Tories that even with someone as unelectable as Corbyn in opposition they cant even get a majority government. Such a weak government.
Weak government as a direct result of May’s disastrous election manifesto when she was advised to call an election on her advisors belief she would increase what already was a working majority and seriously weaken Labour’s overall position. Whereas in the event the exact opposite happened.

arthur

Evening art.

l can see you have bought into my analysis from earlier today as a possibility. (y)

Was not aware the fragrant Flint had Roman ancestry. ;)
Morning Al,

Many thanks for your support and sympathy at this difficult time;)

I have now managed to cheer myself up with this prediction of how things will unfold:

Johnson will get his Agreement passed and will win an unspectacular majority at the General Election. As a result the Labour Party will finally come to its senses and elect a functioning adult to lead it.

2020 will be dominated by trying to get a trade deal with the EU before the transition period ends. The Europeans will play hard ball and, as with the withdrawal agreement negotiations, they will have a clear negotiating strategy while the UK will be all over the place. (Or is my lack of faith in the mighty Liz Truss misplaced?). There is no way that the EU will give us a deal as remotely good as remaining a member (cake and eat it) so we'll be left cobbling together some shoddy compromise.

This will result in a deal that no-one likes. Especially not the ERG. There will be loud noises off from Farage and the Great British (sic) Public will be mightily peed off that Brexit is still dominating the airwaves after they had been promised that it was all done and dusted and we could go on to talk about other things.

The deal will be voted down and the government will fall. There will be a General Election and the Conservative Party will suffer a devastating defeat. Johnson will finally get his comeuppance and lose his seat