• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
The clue is in the word 'Hedge'. It's just what they do (and always have done). Nothing to read there.
Indeed they do, which is fine.

When Hedge Fund cowboys financially support a political leader, and significantly so, then bet heavily on one particular outcome of policy, that isn’t fine. For obvious reasons.

Avening Posse

I think what Jason is saying is the chap in question may have 1.3 gambled on a short term gain due to short term currency speculation and trading activity which is likely if no deal occurs, on the basis the market always reacts that way when stability is threatened, but has over 20 times that amount tied into medium and longer term successes, and therefore a belief backed by his money that no deal will end up being good for the overall economy, and he wants the action at both ends ?

IndoMike

Best line I've heard for a while, on Alexander de Pfeffel replacing Theresa May;

"It's the first time a robot has been replaced by an unskilled worker."

Alexander de Piffle..

IndoMike

So Kwarteng raises doubts about the impartiality of the Scottish judges with the classic, cowardly "many people think that the judges are not impartial". Straight out of the Trump playbook, as are many of the tactics of this right wing, populist rabble.
Hiding in the "many people" blanket.
I guess if they had won the judgement it would have been impartial. I really dislike these cheap, deceitful comments and can only hope the British people are not so naive as to go along with it

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I think what Jason is saying is the chap in question may have 1.3 gambled on a short term gain due to short term currency speculation and trading activity which is likely if no deal occurs, on the basis the market always reacts that way when stability is threatened, but has over 20 times that amount tied into medium and longer term successes, and therefore a belief backed by his money that no deal will end up being good for the overall economy, and he wants the action at both ends ?
Put better than I ever could.

tavyred

So Kwarteng raises doubts about the impartiality of the Scottish judges with the classic, cowardly "many people think that the judges are not impartial". Straight out of the Trump playbook, as are many of the tactics of this right wing, populist rabble.
Hiding in the "many people" blanket.
I guess if they had won the judgement it would have been impartial. I really dislike these cheap, deceitful comments and can only hope the British people are not so naive as to go along with it
No worse than saying that BJ is a 'tinpot dictator' or that we're in the midst of 'coup de tat' I would suggest. Seems to have gone under the radar but a judgment on proroguing in a Belfast court went the Government's way yesterday, makes you wonder why the MSM are all over the Scottish decision but are ignoring the two judgments that went the government's way in London and Belfast.

elginCity

Put better than I ever could.
Marshall’s operation is based in New York and Hong Kong, as well as London. He made an absolute killing betting on the collapse of a Portuguese bank a while back.

To suggest Marshall’s worldwide ‘assets’ are somehow a demonstration of faith in a post-Brexit Britain is nonsense, and you know it.

elginCity

...a judgment on proroguing in a Belfast court went the Government's way yesterday...
It wasn’t a judgement on proroguing.

tavyred

It wasn’t a judgement on proroguing.
You’re right, apologies.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Marshall’s operation is based in New York and Hong Kong, as well as London. He made an absolute killing betting on the collapse of a Portuguese bank a while back.

To suggest Marshall’s worldwide ‘assets’ are somehow a demonstration of faith in a post-Brexit Britain is nonsense, and you know it.
Posting a blog making spurious conspiracies in order to make a point is nonsense, and you know it.