• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
How's it looking in your world Art? Just wondering how many of the woes you list you're experiencing first hand as opposed to just copying and pasting from the latest Polly Toynbee article?

arthur

I've just checked the latest Polly Toynbee article - it's all about how Corbyn should and could be Prime Minister. So I must have written the above all by myself... (no smileys available when using Smart phone alas)

Mr Jinx

I've just checked the latest Polly Toynbee article - it's all about how Corbyn should and could be Prime Minister. So I must have written the above all by myself...
OK, so how did your last visit to the foodbank go? I'm curious.

iscalad

Things I have noticed recently: wages most definitely have gone up (mine included :)), job opportunities have increased, primary school places have become less squeezed (can't yet comment on secondaries), houses have become a little more affordable, so too big ticket items like cars, TVs etc.

So yeah, not all doom and gloom.
Blimey, I didn't realise we were so well off being in the EU.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
As for public toilets, McDonald's picked up the slack years ago, do keep up.
https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/public-toilets-closed-across-torbay-1876064 older news but still you know how the left like living in the past !

arthur

OK, so how did your last visit to the foodbank go? I'm curious.
You're right of course. I have no right to have an opinion on anything unless I've experienced it directly

DB9

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/public-toilets-closed-across-torbay-1876064 older news but still you know how the left like living in the past !
What's this to do with being left wing? Genuine question

Mr Jinx

I have no right to have an opinion on anything unless I've experienced it directly
Not at all. I just wanted to know if your opinions were formed from first hand experience or reading the Guardian. Thanks for the clarification.

IndoMike

What's this to do with being left wing? Genuine question
It's one of Ramone's mahoosive generalisations. John Major : the famous leftie. And Grieve. Joe Johnson. All bleddy lefties
PS. Welcome back, Ramone. Kinda missed you

elginCity

......I'd like Ali's and Jason's comments on this......
We don’t always get what we want. You could ask the Jinx though, he’s about.

BTW it was briefly mentioned on R5Live this morning, by Nicky Campbell, and they moved on swiftly.

Last edited: