• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apparently the scientists have discovered that wearing masks is better than self-isolation. The cheque from Trump is in the post.
They also reckon that though coughing, sneezing, spluttering etc the virus can fly longer distances. I myself was infected yesterday by a bloke who lives in a tent in the deserts of Sudan. Why didn't the fecker tell.ne he was gonna sneeze!

IndoMike

The renowned dimwit and incompetent Hancock, Mr. "I am so earnest", continues to dig a bigger grave for himself. The bloke is a walking, talking disaster. Replace him with someone who is honest and knows what he's talking about!

IndoMike

A relatively kind but still good p*sstake of our hero, Matt Hancock

Oldsmobile-88

Quite alarming if it’s true.2B7317C0-C468-4C64-8B50-5054F15D122B.jpeg3A2649D8-0A8B-4D14-86E6-2446929863E0.jpeg

elginCity

Good job that the UK government has also had the benefit of Italian and Spanish data to guide its policy.

IndoMike

Those tweets look dodgy.to me.
Anyway, does it really matter now?
Whatever the figures are, we still would need to deal with it. And as Elgin says, we can get data from Italy, Spain, Germany, America et al.
The fact is self-isolation seems to be proven to be the best policy, but our chief scientists (the best in rhe world) didn't agree

IndoMike

So, Hancock has promised 100,000 tests per day by the end of April. These are the tests to see if someone has Corona now and the anti-body test to see if a person has already had Corona and is (maybe) immune to it in the future
However, although the 3.5 million antibody tests have been ordered, they have not yet been proven to work.
I was surprised that Hancock made the promise, and he is already backstepping
a bit by saying it is a massive challenge
I think it's going to end up being mainly the Corona live tests and few of the antibody tests.
Anyway, his own promise should shake Hancock up a bit and let's hope it will come true.

arthur

The renowned dimwit and incompetent Hancock, Mr. "I am so earnest", continues to dig a bigger grave for himself. The bloke is a walking, talking disaster. Replace him with someone who is honest and knows what he's talking about!

He does have some semblance of a functioning brain which he is willing and able to use, unlike some of his colleagues, most notably his boss.

Evidence free optimistic bluster can win you simplistic referendums and FPTP general elections where there is no credible opposition. It's not so useful when dealing with real issues. Next on the Agenda - Brexit trade talks. Those will be fun....

IndoMike

He does have some semblance of a functioning brain which he is willing and able to use, unlike some of his colleagues, most notably his boss.

Evidence free optimistic bluster can win you simplistic referendums and FPTP general elections where there is no credible opposition. It's not so useful when dealing with real issues. Next on the Agenda - Brexit trade talks. Those will be fun....
Little does he realise that a small group of Exewebbers is permanently on his case and won't fall for his carp.
Yes, the negotiations with the EU will be interesting. It would be better to delay imo, but the ideologues behind Johnson won't want that. BREXIT has become a bit of an irrelevance.

Alistair20000

In fairness to MH I think you make a valid point art. He also ‘fessed up to mistakes and about time too.