• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Players you admire/you'd like us to sign

tonykellowfan

Don't forget that Tis is contracted until November. He can't just walk out.

Don't forget that Tis is contracted until November. He can't just walk out.
He can resign, much like any other employee can.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
He can. But he can't start a new job in football until we've been compensated.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
You’ll find out next season - if you can score in the conference consistently you’ll score in league 2 as well there is hardly any significant difference in standard as Lincoln have shown & we’ve shown before following promotion
There's loads of players who are brilliant at one level, but can't do it a league up (definitely NOT excluding conference/League 2). Conversely, there are players who are only "decent" at one level, then can jump two leagues and look the same.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
...leave myself open to being proven wrong, but I think Norwood is one of those who can't step up a league.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Norwood is not good enough for L2 level.

And we need to recruit L1 quality players.

Last edited:

tonykellowfan

No he can't. He is not like "any other employee".

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
No he can't. He is not like "any other employee".
This all belongs on a different thread, but I can't believe, given all he has done for ECFC, that if Tis decided after careful reflection that he wanted to move on and take a new challenge the Club would stand in his way and enforce his contract. The Board might seek compensation from his new employers but would hope they would make this an inflexible sticking point (another reason IMO why the rolling contract was in hindsight and arguably even at the time misconceived). We would of course also save 6 months salary if he left after the end of this month, a not insignificant sum.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
This all belongs on a different thread, but I can't believe, given all he has done for ECFC, that if Tis decided after careful reflection that he wanted to move on and take a new challenge the Club would stand in his way and enforce his contract. The Board might seek compensation from his new employers but would hope they would make this an inflexible sticking point (another reason IMO why the rolling contract was in hindsight and arguably even at the time misconceived). We would of course also save 6 months salary if he left after the end of this month, a not insignificant sum.
...But we'd have to spend what we save on another manager's wages

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
I say this every year.

Ben Tozer