• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Exehausted

As I understand it we get 20% minus the 1.8 million we already received, so £2.2 million isn't it?
I thought that it would be 20 million minus 1.8 million and then 20% of 18.2 million which is 3.6 million. I've no idea which interpretation is correct but I hope it's mine and Banksy's for the club's sake!

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is that right? 3.64 million? That would do nicely!

andrew p long

Is that right? 3.64 million? That would do nicely!
Only if he goes for£20 million, but yes it’s 20% of the profit, so a £20m sale nets us£3.6m not £2.2m.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought that it would be 20 million minus 1.8 million and then 20% of 18.2 million which is 3.6 million. I've no idea which interpretation is correct but I hope it's mine and Banksy's for the club's sake!
Yours. It's 20% of the profit. The Club conformed to the Trust AGM that the fee was £1.8M (initially Brentford asked for it to be confidential, but these things always come out sooner or later). So if he went for £20M it would indeed be 3.64. At £25M it would be £4.64M.

However (1) our Brentford friends say he won't be going anywhere in January and if they stay in the playoffs and Ollie's goals are the reason, they will probably be right.

However (2) we are not in urgent need of the cash so a £25M transfer in the summer would do nicely. :D :D

Coppers

Yours. It's 20% of the profit. The Club conformed to the Trust AGM that the fee was £1.8M (initially Brentford asked for it to be confidential, but these things always come out sooner or later). So if he went for £20M it would indeed be 3.64. At £25M it would be £4.64M.

However (1) our Brentford friends say he won't be going anywhere in January and if they stay in the playoffs and Ollie's goals are the reason, they will probably be right.

However (2) we are not in urgent need of the cash so a £25M transfer in the summer would do nicely. :D :D
I suppose the worry is they get promoted and he goes nowhere.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
yup, always the risk when you have a sell-on. We might not get a penny more for Ampadu either.

Which is why the Club doesn't budget for uncertain future income/

Banksy

Or , which would be sad for him and us , he gets injured.A bird in the hand and all that , so I hope for this window and a bidding war with 25 million at the end of it.4.6 million would do the club very nicely.

Long Lost Bee

Or , which would be sad for him and us , he gets injured.A bird in the hand and all that , so I hope for this window and a bidding war with 25 million at the end of it.4.6 million would do the club very nicely.
You’ve no chance this window as I’ve said before. Next one is dependent on if we get promopted.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Two posts copied from the Bees Fans Forum

“£25m before we even talk this January, surely?

Only thing missing is a dangerous left foot to make it £40m
and euro 2020, he scores goals outside the box, inside the box with finishes and timed runs leading to pokes, headers.... holds the ball up now, wins headers, scores one on ones and from crosses.

That cutting in from the outside left to inside to brush off two and slot near post tonight, was top top top class”.

“Always thought he would smash it this season, but Ollie has gone beyond that. Amazing work from the backroom staff to get him to this level at CF, and the dedication from Ollie to take this stuff on board to continually improve. A great example to all young players. When he plays like he did yesterday the sky is the limit”.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would seem fair to say with Ollie that Brentford look like having a real chance of reaching the PL with its riches.

Therefore given that possibility as they are not strapped for cash any Club seriously considering buying Ollie would surely have to table an offer of around £30M to have any chance of them giving it serious consideration.

Last edited: