• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Brentford would have had plans should at least one if not both go sometime in this window, so I would expect that they already have replacements lined up. The time factor should not necessarily be relevant as a lot can happen in three days in football
But would those replacements be prepared to wait on tenterhooks until very close to the deadline to sign for Brentford?

IndoMike

I'm not sure but I do think it's only a matter of time, Even if Brentford struggle Ollie will still stand out
It will be interesting to see how Ollie plays without Maupay in the team. Maupay probably attracted a lot of attention from defenders, possibly leaving space for Ollie.
Hey, I think Ollie is great and a sell-on would be great for us. If he can keep improving all good for him and us. But there has been little gossip about him moving and my guess is he won't (yet).

Banksy

My guess is that PL teams are not sure if he's good enough for PL so are hesitant.
Also if Brentford lose 2 of their best 3 strikers with little time to replace them then they might suffer this season
So my guess is no transfer.
Good point , but it’s interesting Brentford seem to be moving now on replacements.I suppose with Palace a lot depends on the Zaha position and no other teams appear interested although one could suddenly come out of the woodwork. The crumbs from the table in the event of a 15 M bid would be about 2.5 M so very useful cash flow for us.

IndoMike

Good point , but it’s interesting Brentford seem to be moving now on replacements.I suppose with Palace a lot depends on the Zaha position and no other teams appear interested although one could suddenly come out of the woodwork. The crumbs from the table in the event of a 15 M bid would be about 2.5 M so very useful cash flow for us.
2.5M would be a real bonus for us, Banksy. I thought Palace or B'mouth would be the type of club which would want Ollie and it would be the next step up, but as yet they're not biting.

StudentGrecian

With Maupay gone, surely Brentford would want big money for Watkins?
Probably pricing him out of a move this window!
The window also closes early for Championship sides so Brentford, even if they have pre-identified targets, would be taking a huge gamble to lose two of their best attackers from last season with only a couple days to go!

andrew p long

2.5M would be a real bonus for us, Banksy. I thought Palace or B'mouth would be the type of club which would want Ollie and it would be the next step up, but as yet they're not biting.
I have thought the same re Palace or Bournemouth as likely destinations. In each case it is most likely to happen if they make a big sale of Zaha, Brooks or Callum Wilson. Brentford want to get top dollar and won’t let valued players leave on the cheap, so the most likely purchaser is someone with a pressing need for a replacement and who is awash with cash. Unlikely this window now, save if the Zaha move happens.

IndoMike

I have thought the same re Palace or Bournemouth as likely destinations. In each case it is most likely to happen if they make a big sale of Zaha, Brooks or Callum Wilson. Brentford want to get top dollar and won’t let valued players leave on the cheap, so the most likely purchaser is someone with a pressing need for a replacement and who is awash with cash. Unlikely this window now, save if the Zaha move happens.
Yep. That's what I thought.
If Ollie can get 15-20 goals this season or a lot of goals before January window one of the relegation threatened teams might sign him up, but Brentford also have to think about their own status as a Championship team.
IMO they would want a minimum of 15M- 20M, otherwise their profit is not so great and they lose a good player. I'm sure he's on the radar of PL clubs, but maybe he hasn't yet done quite enough to persuade them.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to my Brentford mate he was largely ineffective up front on Saturday in the absence of Maupay, had one good shot saved apparently. Second half he reverted to the wing as they brought on a young Finnish forward but collectively they missed a hatful of chances and Brum won with virtually their only attack.

manc grecian

According to my Brentford mate he was largely ineffective up front on Saturday in the absence of Maupay, had one good shot saved apparently. Second half he reverted to the wing as they brought on a young Finnish forward but collectively they missed a hatful of chances and Brum won with virtually their only attack.
Not a good Finnisher then?

Red Monster

Well Ollie smashed the post and did the same with rasping drive
That hit the underside of the bar ,both in the first half .
So you’re mate might have to book appointment at specsavers.:ROFLMAO: