• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
You may end up being correct, indeed the odds are in your favour. However to suggest it is "cloud cuckoo land" is incorrect.

At a time when it England are lacking players in the mould of Watkins then it is not unfathomable to think that the so called golden boy of the Championship could be considered for a call up to the England squad by a manager who is only interested in younger talent.

When Welbeck, Lallana and co are injured again and now without Hardy then I for sure would take a look at Ollie ahead of Solanke etc. IMO only Maddison is ahead of Ollie in terms of uncapped England potentials.
This is about Oliver and Hardy

Antony Moxey

You may end up being correct, indeed the odds are in your favour. However to suggest it is "cloud cuckoo land" is incorrect.

At a time when it England are lacking players in the mould of Watkins then it is not unfathomable to think that the so called golden boy of the Championship could be considered for a call up to the England squad by a manager who is only interested in younger talent.

When Welbeck, Lallana and co are injured again and now without Hardy then I for sure would take a look at Ollie ahead of Solanke etc. IMO only Maddison is ahead of Ollie in terms of uncapped England potentials.
Not a chance. Until he gets into the Premier League he will be overlooked, regardless of how talented he is. That’s simply the way it is and the way it will always be because until he regularly plays against elite opposition there will always be a question mark over how good he actually is. That will always apply to any up and coming young talent outside the Premier League.

Not a chance. Until he gets into the Premier League he will be overlooked, regardless of how talented he is. That’s simply the way it is and the way it will always be because until he regularly plays against elite opposition there will always be a question mark over how good he actually is. That will always apply to any up and coming young talent outside the Premier League.
If Dave Nugent can get a cap whilst in the Championship so can anyone!

StroudGrecian

If Dave Nugent can get a cap whilst in the Championship so can anyone!
Didn't Steve Bull manage it when Wolves were still in Division 3?

Antony Moxey

Yes yes but that was then, this is now. I wonder if anyone’s prepared to put a wager on a Championship player getting a full England cap any time soon, I’d imagine not.

Matt Russell

Yes yes but that was then, this is now. I wonder if anyone’s prepared to put a wager on a Championship player getting a full England cap any time soon, I’d imagine not.
Just out of interest, what's your timescale on any time soon?

If Its less than 3 years and Southgate stays in charge then I'll happily jump in.

Red Devon

Ollie was sat a few seats from me in the IP Stand today..Great to see him back cheering on his old team.
Was he with Gwinnett?

Antony Moxey

Just out of interest, what's your timescale on any time soon?
I’d say the end of the current season.

Matt Russell

I’d say the end of the current season.
Then I think we're in agreement - sorry no wager offered.