• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We don't do silly money on players. The club would rather walk away than pay over the odds. We will be paying good money and you'll have a very good sell on clause.
But good money has to meet our valuation or we will hang on for the magic figure.

I'm still sceptical if this deal will happen this soon into the window....

Well-known Exeweb poster
We don't do silly money on players. The club would rather walk away than pay over the odds. We will be paying good money and you'll have a very good sell on clause.
'silly money' really best you go look at what the two previous young player of the years fetched add a year or 2 of rabid transfer inflation and IMO it makes 5 mil for watkins look cheap

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
We rejected £3m from McClaren's Derby in January.
You sure about that Fred? Sauce?

Long Lost Bee

'silly money' really best you go look at what the two previous young player of the years fetched add a year or 2 of rabid transfer inflation and IMO it makes 5 mil for watkins look cheap
I guarantee we wouldn't be paying anywhere near that. I would agree that UK asking price for lower league players is OTT as is your evaluation of Watkins price.

fred binneys head

You sure about that Fred? Sauce?
Positive. I know it's annoying but I can't give my sauce, but I promise you this piece of info is a FACT. I've even written it in capitals as further evidence.

fred binneys head

I found it hard to believe myself about derby, not just the money but the fact is they want to be in the premier league quickly and I can't see how Ollie is ready for that any time soon.

But it's true - our board of directors have balls of steel.

StroudGrecian

Positive. I know it's annoying but I can't give my sauce, but I promise you this piece of info is a FACT. I've even written it in capitals as further evidence.
I believe it Fred, except the £3m bit.

ECFC89

5 mil haha

angelic upstart

I believe it Fred, except the £3m bit.
I heard the same rumour, and the same figure

Banksy

5 mil haha
Yes , five million does seem a bit rich even seen through our rose tinted eyes.Lovely if true but.. ....