• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I actually DO know how much for Amps and Ollie combined, but I refuse to reveal my sauces and will sat back smugly observing the various guesstimates proffered on Exeweb.
Arrogantly yours
IndoMike
I thought that you've already told us your sauce Mike (over in the Social Club), namely a certain Mr C.Regal ! ;)

Banksy

So , reading through all this speculation and particularly reference LLB's and 007's not so friendly banter , why can't we just cut to the chase and cut out the middle man?
If Brentford can hoover up players for a million and sell on for five so should we sell for five million , after all , we're the ones who have put all the time in on Ollie.

Last edited:

fred binneys head

Because he hasn't proved himself as an established championship player capable of playing in a higher division yet. Good grief.

Banksy

Because he hasn't proved himself as an established championship player capable of playing in a higher division yet. Good grief.
Got out of bed too early again eh? It's all about opinions , no need for the condescending last bit , we're all aware of the way it's 'supposed ' to work.

andrew p long

Witty reactions on Derby forum..'If Watkins is signing for Brentford, this means he's signing for us in 2019 for £10m'

IndoMike

Yes, Fred. You could argue that as soon as he put pen to paper he would indeed be a Championship player. You could also argue that nobody would be forcing Brentford to sign Ali, so if they want to take the risk it's their problem. To any signing there is a risk, but you didn't see MU claiming that they should pay less for Ze Maria, or Martial, for example. If you want to take the risk, don't want your cake and eat it.

fred binneys head

Got out of bed too early again eh? It's all about opinions , no need for the condescending last bit , we're all aware of the way it's 'supposed ' to work.
Apologies for the condescending bit, there was no need for it.

I was (inappropriately) trying to put across the point that a top club will pay top dollar for a player if they think he is ready for them as an almost / fully finished article. Taking someone for big bucks from league 2 to the premier league for instance is a huge risk, which is why it never happens. Taking someone who is proven in the championship lessens the risk, as does taking someone from league 2 who isn't yet proven, in order to develop them (like with Amps).

Hence why it isn't easy to "cut out the middle man" and sell Ollie to a big club for top dollar.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I actually DO know how much for Amps and Ollie combined, but I refuse to reveal my sauces and will sat back smugly observing the various guesstimates proffered on Exeweb.
Arrogantly yours
IndoMike
See this is what Exeweb is all about !

Telling people you know exactly how much they are going for without any amount offered as a back up.

How easy is it to turn round AFTER and say "yeah I knew all along that was the amount from my reliable sauce"

Tell you what why not give me the exact amount and when they deal is done ill come back onto this thread and copy and paste the amount you BELIEVE it is ?

fred binneys head

Yes, Fred. You could argue that as soon as he put pen to paper he would indeed be a Championship player. You could also argue that nobody would be forcing Brentford to sign Ali, so if they want to take the risk it's their problem. To any signing there is a risk, but you didn't see MU claiming that they should pay less for Ze Maria, or Martial, for example. If you want to take the risk, don't want your cake and eat it.
I must be having a bad day, I don't understand your point.

Banksy

Apologies for the condescending bit, there was no need for it.

I was (inappropriately) trying to put across the point that a top club will pay top dollar for a player if they think he is ready for them as an almost / fully finished article. Taking someone for big bucks from league 2 to the premier league for instance is a huge risk, which is why it never happens. Taking someone who is proven in the championship lessens the risk, as does taking someone from league 2 who isn't yet proven, in order to develop them (like with Amps).

Hence why it isn't easy to "cut out the middle man" and sell Ollie to a big club for top dollar.
Thanks Fred , appreciate your considered and thoughtful reply.