• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
In that case Wiping out Debts, repaying PFA loan, Trust emergency loan, etc.
The PFA loan was repaid well before we sold Grimes, although there may have been an element of the other two you mention with those funds.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Well, if it's only you, you can still mention it. We all have a right to our opinions and shouldn't be afraid to have a minority view. Most people disagree with 007 and Pate but they still defend their opinions.
Yes I know that , the only people I disagree with are people who cant back up any claims with hard evidence.

And since he has been sold ive been thinking about some of his last few games with us.

Bit like when Sercs knew he was on his way out tbh seemed to lose a bit of yardage on opposition players

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quite. QPR during the 80s too would have a valid claim to be the biggest West London club.

Brentford under Benham are going places as a club, with envious glances from their West London neighbours.
The owners of Fulham and QPR are vastly more financially equipped than Matthew Benham.....

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The owners of Fulham and QPR are vastly more financially equipped than Matthew Benham.....
I'm not sure quite what that has to do with the price of fish.

malcolms

I'm not sure quite what that has to do with the price of fish.
What you mean money no longer matters in football???

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure where I ever said that.

malcolms

I'm not sure where I ever said that.
Where would Fulham and QPR be directing their envy?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Towards the "project" at Brentford. New stadium on its way, owner who doubles up as a huge supporter of the club and is known for having a very calculated approach to life in general.

It's not all about the personal wealth of the owner, it's about what they do with it in terms of the club they own.

Number13

So. Back to the actual point. Is it £1.8m guaranteed?

malcolms

Towards the "project" at Brentford. New stadium on its way, owner who doubles up as a huge supporter of the club and is known for having a very calculated approach to life in general.

It's not all about the personal wealth of the owner, it's about what they do with it in terms of the club they own.
Is having "a calculated approach to life" necessarily a good thing? He's an online betting entrepreneur and like Bloom at Brighton, it's yet to be seen whether they will stay with "projects" in the medium term. As an aside, is online betting an appropriate way for a professional sports club owner to earn his living? Just a thought!