• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town v Exeter City - Matchday Thread

Legohead

Banned
Picked up the HotelEnders NTFC fanzine from a vendor outside the ground. Great to see printed fanzines making somewhat of a comeback although I know the majority of clubs don't have one these days. It was a quid and excellent whilst the official match programme was 3 quid and has to be up there with one of the worst i've ever bought.

tonykellowfan

That was a poor performance today from our midfield, Collins was awful and we created very little. Ward also looks like he has lost confidence he is not commanding his area at all.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Problem really wasn't with forwards, they had few chances to score. Northants cut off the supply and our midfield couldn't find a way to break through a well organised defense.

i8cornwall

Fisher is coming back from injury, and was totally knackered after sixty minutes on Tuesday, no way should he be starting until he is able to at least play for ninety minutes.
Taylor played Nigel or Ajose for 60 minutes when neither where fully fit didn't he?

PeteUSA

.............. Ward also looks like he has lost confidence he is not commanding his area at all.

I agree, he's only a shadow of the keeper he was prior to that injury. When that player was clean through and then hit the post, Ward was just standing there midway from his goal motionless like he'd given up FFS.

Legohead

Banned
Problem really wasn't with forwards, they had few chances to score. Northants cut off the supply and our midfield couldn't find a way to break through a well organised defense.
Agree to some extent but the movement from both, Bowman in particular was as static as the holiday home I used to have up in Scarborough. They gave the midfield no options.

STURTZ

I agree, he's only a shadow of the keeper he was prior to that injury. When that player was clean through and then hit the post, Ward was just standing there midway from his goal motionless like he'd given up FFS.
Bring back Maxted, got to say I'm beginning to miss the clean sheets we became accustomed to.

IndoMike

Northampton away is one of the toughest fixtures all season. Some really fickle people on here... Its a shame. We're 3rd. We won 3 in a row. Bad day at the office. Doesn't mean we'd be better off picking the youth team.

We're headed for a photo finish for an auto place, with roughly the team selected today. Anyone who thinks we should roll the dice on shipping a load of them out in order to bet it all on some kids people have hardly seen needs their head read.
We're not talking about a general overview of the season : we're talking about today's match v Northampton. You see, this is the Northampton v City MDT, not the "How do you think we are doing this season ?" thread. .Matt Taylor was clearly disappointed, especially about the 2nd half. What surprised me was.thar he said what a difference Jayden Richardson made, showing desire to get part his man and influencing the game. Maybe Matt could have brought him on earlier since the team was stagnating in the 2nd half
Maybe next week you'll understand what the MDT is about

Legohead

Banned
We needed someone actually running at their defence which is what Richardson briefly offered. Shame it took so long for Matty to notice. They were comfortable all afternoon because we played in front of them all the time. Rarely got in behind or gave them anything to think about. Anyway, a very winnable game v Crawley on Saturday who along with Stevenage have only won once away all season.

dontpassback

I trust suitable words would have been said by matt Taylor after today’s display,and a positive response will be forthcoming,we have some good players,BUT you have to have the desire to battle it out and earn the result and by all accounts we started slowly and it never got any better !