• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Noah Smerdon signs from Gloucester City for an undisclosed fee, will wear the number 31 shirt

ExmouthMart

I didn’t realise we paid a fee! makes it even stranger then. Maybe Taylor decided he was never going to be ready for League Two. Oates was another one......

DawlishBouy

I didn’t realise we paid a fee! makes it even stranger then. Maybe Taylor decided he was never going to be ready for League Two. Oates was another one......
Pretty sure a fee hasn’t been paid for him but there is an agreement with West Brom that entitles them to a cut of anything we might sell him for.

StudentGrecian

Taylor made it clear it was a developmental signing, and that he would be nowhere near the first team at the time.
I imagine MT was hoping he would be closer to first team this season, but it’s hardly a Jimmy Oates/Ajose situation.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pretty sure a fee hasn’t been paid for him but there is an agreement with West Brom that entitles them to a cut of anything we might sell him for.
Think there was a fee which is why the 1931 ers got involved. May be wrong though, and whilst he was on WBA books at one stage there was some arrangement to settle this when we signed him or so I understand from this interview when Noah signed

Nickp

I have lost track of where he is? He came highly recommended from Gloucester City and I would have thought that he may have made an appearance, at least on the subs bench. A friend from Cheltenham saw him play several times with Gloucester and is amazed with his skill that he has not apparently made the grade with us.

ExmouthMart

He’s a bit like The Scottish Play....... no idea why we signed him! I don’t even think he was injured when we signed him so can’t be that.... maybe we owed somebody money and took him in lieu of more traditional payment.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I saw him outside kfc on sidwell street once.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
He did pretty well at Tiverton last season. Physically quite strong and gets up and down the pitch well but also a bit raw on the ball.

andrew p long

any chance of this being merged with the existing Noah Smerdon thread ?

(tip - existing threads can be found using the search box at the top right hand corner of the page. Usually just searching against the player's name and ticking the 'search titles only' box will find existing threads about that player)

IndoMike

any chance of this being merged with the existing Noah Smerdon thread ?

(tip - existing threads can be found using the search box at the top right hand corner of the page. Usually just searching against the player's name and ticking the 'search titles only' box will find existing threads about that player)
You're expecting a lot, Andrew.