• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

No No Thank you our deluded green “friends”

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Doubt that Chief's will go there, if these realise that only midgets can fit in the revamped Mayflower Stand's new seats.
Apparently they still have areas of their ground where people have to sit in the rain! How tin pot is that?

Colesman Ballz

Apparently they still have areas of their ground where people have to sit in the rain! How tin pot is that?
Seems like Tony Rowe is considering playing at the Ricoh or Reading if they are forced to switch the match, rather than Algae Park. I think the Greenies are getting overexcited over nothing, their pitch ain't long enough anyway, in addition to their other shortcomings !

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
They will be able to realise their potential when EXETER Chiefs rock up to play a rugger match, !
Tell me why don't they use Sandypark please ?

Rosencrantz

Tell me why don't they use Sandypark please ?
I believe that the semi finals have to be played at a "neutral" ground although the seeded side get to chose the ground it would seem. Not sure why not Ashton Gate in those circumstances.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
I believe that the semi finals have to be played at a "neutral" ground although the seeded side get to chose the ground it would seem. Not sure why not Ashton Gate in those circumstances.
Typical egg chasers mentality I suppose to play a game at a neutral venue giving another club any monies from the matchday income away.
No wonder I could never try and watch a game in person or on the tv.

Colesman Ballz

It's actually the quarter finals, which are required to be played at a ground with a capacity of 15K. Sandy Park holds c 13.5k, although there is talk of an exemption being made, particularly bearing in mind that it was judged suitable for hosting World Cup fixtures. A draw with an Irish team with a large travelling support may have put the knockers on that, and I'm sure that Tony Rowe will do everything possible to maintain home advantage and avoid losing out on all the extra ancillary income from bars, hospitality etc.

Ashton Gate isn't available as Bristol City have a home match on the date.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good enough for a World cup seems a good shout.

Rosencrantz

It's actually the quarter finals, which are required to be played at a ground with a capacity of 15K. Sandy Park holds c 13.5k, although there is talk of an exemption being made, particularly bearing in mind that it was judged suitable for hosting World Cup fixtures. A draw with an Irish team with a large travelling support may have put the knockers on that, and I'm sure that Tony Rowe will do everything possible to maintain home advantage and avoid losing out on all the extra ancillary income from bars, hospitality etc.

Ashton Gate isn't available as Bristol City have a home match on the date.
They have Northampton in the quarters. Should think they will be allowed to play at Sandy Park. If they win they then get "home country" preference for the semi final.

Grecian2K

Anyway, thought the rules also state that the game has to played on grass and not algae.

Mind you, speaking personally I would not shed a single tear if the whole circus decamped permanently to the City of Slime and La Parc des Gnomes, and gave themselves a new moniker (like the Crownhill Cowboys, or Saltash Squaws, and some similarly inane title)

STURTZ

Maybe we should ask if we could play our semi final in the EFL at The Park des Gnomes, be nice for our reserves to have their own pitch and it would serve to protect the hallowed turf at SJP.