• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

No, it can't be. Adams sacked

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Stelios

Absolutely gutted :(

Plymouth Argyle have sacked manager Derek Adams after the club dropped into the League One relegation zone.

Saturday's 5-1 loss at Accrington was Argyle's fifth successive defeat - conceding 15 goals in that time.

The Pilgrims have not won any of their last eight games, and have picked up only two points in that time.
It was all going so well

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just smile at the thought of the many thousands of pounds they will have had to pay him in settlement - he had 4 years left.

Banksy

Football is crazy enough for them to scrape a result against Scunthorpe now if only just out of sheer relief , getting a result for someone different if you like.
That sort of thing has happened before many times.As someone said they dumped Adams one match too soon.

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
They wont have a new man in place by the weekend though so it'll just be a caretaker manager. Most of their players will want out this summer and most won't give a $#!t. They're still going down. Its out of their hands.

Colesman Ballz

They wont have a new man in place by the weekend though so it'll just be a caretaker manager. Most of their players will want out this summer and most won't give a $#!t. They're still going down. Its out of their hands.
It is Kevin Nancekivell, who wasn't sacked along with Adams or Wotton, who is filling in on sat. What happens to him afterwards I don't know, could possibly revert to coaching in their Academy ? He's always combined football with running his Devon farm, starting in his non league days playing for Tivvy.

Colesman Ballz

It is Kevin Nancekivell, who wasn't sacked along with Adams or Wotton, who is filling in on sat. What happens to him afterwards I don't know, could possibly revert to coaching in their Academy ? He's always combined football with running his Devon farm, starting in his non league days playing for Tivvy.
I should add that KT has previous as a stand in for Argo. That was for one match in Jan 2013, assisted by Romaine Larrieau. They LOST FOUR NIL ! (rofl)

STURTZ

Sturrock is still in the area.

Grecian2K

He's always combined football with running his Devon farm
I thought it was the Porkstain who was in charge of "The Farm"?

Banksy

I guess it depends on Southend’s result but they don’t have an easy game against Sunderland.I accept some of their players won’t care much but will still want another team to take them next season which might raise their game.I still think they may just scrape it , seen it happen many times before.