• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nigel Atangana Signs

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's fair enough to provide that evidence. It's also true to say some players can come to life when they land at another club. We have released players who were not thought of highly here but who have gone on to do well. Blokey who went to Tranmere and then to Ipswich is one example. Bennet has held down a place at Newport IINM. Frear has done OK in Scotland.
To reiterate, I think Bowman is doing Ok, but would just like to see what Fisher can do in proper games.
Just as an aside, IIRC Scot Bennett wasn’t released . He was lured away by the prospect of a bigger contract and an apparently (at the time) bigger club at Notts County.

IndoMike

Just as an aside, IIRC Scot Bennett wasn’t released . He was lured away by the prospect of a bigger contract and an apparently (at the time) bigger club at Notts County.
[/QUOTE

Let me check out what happened. I thought at the time he wasn't highly thought of by the fans in general. He was also switched around a lot : RB, CB, midfield and even CF.
I thought it was a Tilson-type situation where we were happy to let him go.
No disrespect to him and he seems to have done well.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Correct. He was offered a new contract but as he was 24 was able to sign for Notts for free.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why do you think Collins is the most likely?
Because he wont drop Taylor and Collins has been playing in Atanganas position

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Devon Live interview https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/exeter-city-nigel-atangana-cheltenham-3384717

Seems a sensible sort of guy and bought into MT's philosophy

Banksy

Wonder when we’ll finally see him play , after all , it is October. Hope it’s not a damp squib like Ajose after all this.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tomorrow with the U23's according to the article for 45 minutes

Andy Holloway

I heard that he was unavailable for Grimsby becasue he was away at the 'Celebration of Nigelness' weekend at the
Fleece Inn at Bretforton, Worcestershire.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tomorrow with the U23's according to the article for 45 minutes
This might tip the scales towards going tomorrow.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Big Nige is really starting to show his class.

Big and strong, decent in the tackle, decent in the air and capable of a slide rule pass.

I like him.

Compare and contrast him to Bertie Cozic !