• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nigel Atangana Signs

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pretty good highlights package https://youtu.be/IEO9ciFaRK4
He has got no left peg ! Every pass or shot is done with his right foot or the outside of his right foot. He would be one hell of a player if he could use both feet !

Spoonz Red E

Atangana rips you up
Atangana wears you down
Atangana runs around
And he'll hurt you.

IndoMike

Video doesn't tell the whole story but obviously from the tape he looks a very good all-round player at this level. It's Matt saying that he will need up to 2 months rehab at the start of the season that is a bit of a concern.

fred binneys head

Ooh A-Tangana, say Ooh A-Tangana

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a Nigel Atangana
On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me, two Atanganas
Two Atanganas, and a Nigel Atangana
On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me, three Atanganas
Three Atanganas, two Atanganas and a Nigel Atangana
Etc, etc

I just want to sing Fiiiive Atanganaaaaas

Last edited:

Stelios

Video doesn't tell the whole story but obviously from the tape he looks a very good all-round player at this level. It's Matt saying that he will need up to 2 months rehab at the start of the season that is a bit of a concern.
This is the biggest concern. MT adamant they won't rush him back but could be tricky. He's a big guy and hope we don't have a new Forte on our hands.

Being super negative he also has a complete lack of goals in his game too so for MT to say "he'll get us goals too" seems odd.

re: highlights packages. You could genuinely make Boateng look like an awesome player with his best tackles/runs/assists and goals. I rate him highly but we know football isn't like that.

There is a split online with Cheltenham fans between those who are happy to see the back of him and those who are disappointed he turned down a new contract because they think he's a good player. There is also a faction who are upset he turned down a contract after getting treatment for 4 months and felt he "owed" something to CTFC so will be happy to see him 'fail' here.

I always support new players and hate fans writing off players too early so we'll just have to wait and see. I think he could a good signing if he gets fit. We lack height and strength in midfield.

Stelios

Also, let's be honest. One of the reasons we've signed him so early is I doubt many other clubs were offering a 2 year deal to a player currently suffering from a serious injury and he probably bit our arm off when the deal was offered.

But like I said. I always support new players and hope he does the business (y)

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know what highlights package you were watching but I thought it looked decidedly average L2. Direct replacement for boateng im assuming, looks very similar. As long as he exerts more pressure and dominance in midfield I'll be happy but I'm not convinced at this point in time.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know what highlights package you were watching but I thought it looked decidedly average L2.
What were you expecting to see ? 30 yarders flying in left, right and centre ?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
What were you expecting to see ? 30 yarders flying in left, right and centre ?
Herds of wildebeest, sweeping majestically?

grecIAN Harris

I don't know what highlights package you were watching but I thought it looked decidedly average L2. Direct replacement for boateng im assuming, looks very similar. As long as he exerts more pressure and dominance in midfield I'll be happy but I'm not convinced at this point in time.
If you listened to Matt Taylor's interview on his signing then you'll know you're assumption that he is a replacement for Boateng is very wrong. He's here to do a defensive midfield job. When was the last time you saw Hiram do that?