• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nigel Atangana Signs

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's the most likely, although I suspect big Nige will have to wait until our form falters, or we have an injury to one of Collins, Taylor or Law. That being the case, I hope we have to wait a good while before seeing him him starting a league game.
Why do you think Collins is the most likely?

hardi2b

Anyone of the same opinion as me.....I wouldn't be surprised to see him play against Newport in the whatever the cup is now in place of Collins or as a substitute for him.

Joshyd123

having Lee Holmes back on the bench would be of great benefit.
To absolutely nobody unless you want to stunt the development of Seymour, for example.

iscalad

Exeweb is a forum where we express our opinions. Tens of thousands of fans discuss team selections, the players they'd like to be in the team etc on forums. It's the whole point of having forums.
Of course none of us is an expert, but we still comment. Personally, although I like Bowman, I'd like to see what Fisher can do, too. Of course, it's up to Matt : I doubt if he gives a to$$ what we think.
Eruptions in Arizona.

IndoMike

Eruptions in Arizona.
Haha! Not even Pate!!

andrew p long

I think it's time we gave Fisher a couple of run-outs.
I know many are big fans of Ryan and he certainly works hard, but I'd like to know for sure that Bowman is the better option, and we can only know that if Fisher gets some game time. If he is playing in a game but not playing well we can always bring Bowman in. Also, to give Bowman a little break is not a bad thing.
Two pieces of evidence. First the game away at Coventry. Fisher started. Sadly he was awful, like many others, that day.

Fisher and Bowman played for the same club in Scotland. Fisher had to leave because he couldn’t get game time, Bowman having replaced him in the team.

So I think Fisher will have to bide his time and seize his opportunities when they come; most likely in the Checkatrade and/or if Bowman gets injured or suspended.

IndoMike

Two pieces of evidence. First the game away at Coventry. Fisher started. Sadly he was awful, like many others, that day.

Fisher and Bowman played for the same club in Scotland. Fisher had to leave because he couldn’t get game time, Bowman having replaced him in the team.

So I think Fisher will have to bide his time and seize his opportunities when they come; most likely in the Checkatrade and/or if Bowman gets injured or suspended.
It's fair enough to provide that evidence. It's also true to say some players can come to life when they land at another club. We have released players who were not thought of highly here but who have gone on to do well. Blokey who went to Tranmere and then to Ipswich is one example. Bennet has held down a place at Newport IINM. Frear has done OK in Scotland.
To reiterate, I think Bowman is doing Ok, but would just like to see what Fisher can do in proper games.

exeter-loyal

Steady

Lee Martin has scored four goals in his last five starts so not sure how much more he can do to show he deserves to play. Nigel needs to play for the reserves and wait for his opportunity in the first team. Jake and Archie both seem like machines but they will surely pick up an injury at some point. And I know that MJ is a different type of player but he has also done little wrong this year and deserves more game time as well.
Agreed you don't drop players like L.Martin especially at the minute. If someone is going to make way for Atangana I think it would be Collins, the position Collins is playing in is where Atangana has played a lot in his career. But for me currently don't change it. 1 Collins is playing well. 2 The system that MT is playing with the current team at the min is working. It's going to be great to have him back but I think he should come in if one or two get injuried then he's got his chance.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed you don't drop players like L.Martin especially at the minute. If someone is going to make way for Atangana I think it would be Collins, the position Collins is playing in is where Atangana has played a lot in his career. But for me currently don't change it. 1 Collins is playing well. 2 The system that MT is playing with the current team at the min is working. It's going to be great to have him back but I think he should come in if one or two get injuried then he's got his chance.
The suggestion was that Nigel would free up Archie to play in a more attacking role but it's hard to see where he would fit in further forward at the moment.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone of the same opinion as me.....I wouldn't be surprised to see him play against Newport in the whatever the cup is now in place of Collins or as a substitute for him.
I would imagine he gets a run out next week against the Villa boys as one of the overaged players