• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can't see Bowman being the right partner for Ajose. He doesn't have the deftness of touch or the quick-thinking to do one-two's etc with Ajose
I know I'll get slaughtered for saying this, but Bowman isn't a natural goalscorer nor very skilful. But he works very hard and the fans love that. Yes, he's scored 10 League goals this season, but who is to say a different striker wouldn't have scored more.
But Matt T is the boss and he seems to think that Bowman is indispensable.
It's also true that they haven't played together much , but I just don't see it as a natural partnership.
For me it's Bowman + Martin or Ajose + Fisher or AN Other.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't see Bowman being the right partner for Ajose. He doesn't have the deftness of touch or the quick-thinking to do one-two's etc with Ajose
I know I'll get slaughtered for saying this, but Bowman isn't a natural goalscorer nor very skilful. But he works very hard and the fans love that. Yes, he's scored 10 League goals this season, but who is to say a different striker wouldn't have scored more.
It's also true that they haven't played together much , but I just don't see it as a natural partnership.
Bowman hasn't had the best couple of games and hopefully the return of Fisher to fitness but allow him to have a rest. However, I still think it's far too early to write off the potential partnership between Ajose and Bowman.

IndoMike

Bowman hasn't had the best couple of games and hopefully the return of Fisher to fitness but allow him to have a rest. However, I still think it's far too early to write off the potential partnership between Ajose and Bowman.
Maybe. As I said, they haven't played much together, I know.

muppetdodger

Spot on this!

IndoMike

Spot on this!
I'm sure many will disagree.

TSW1389

The frustration/anger of Ajose when Richardson didnt attempt to cross to him in the second half is a positive to see. Ajose seems like a real competitor and not going to give the midfielders an easy ride. He wants the ball in the box and some of the positions he was taking up looked positive. Shame he had his injury as I think it's gonna take a few games for the team to know how to feed him.

IndoMike

The frustration/anger of Ajose when Richardson didnt attempt to cross to him in the second half is a positive to see. Ajose seems like a real competitor and not going to give the midfielders an easy ride. He wants the ball in the box and some of the positions he was taking up looked positive. Shame he had his injury as I think it's gonna take a few games for the team to know how to feed him.
You can see from his body language (exasperation) that he's a real goal - grabber, with that tbh selfish instinct to get the ball played to him. No problem with that as long as he doesn't p*ss his team - mates off

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ajose hasn't got any pace outside the box and as witnessed on Saturday is easily caught when on the ball. His strengths are in the box and that is where he should be, which is why on Saturday it was disappointing not to see Joel Randall on the Left and Randell Williams on the right, this could have meant that the Colchester defence were split with us having potentially two tricky confident wingers to feed the strikers instead of being able to keep two defenders on Williams most of the match.

Whilst Jayden Richardson did not have a good first half he did do okay in front of Sweeney and we do need to bear in mind he is still learning, but Joel is one of our own and will be earning us money in the seasons to come.

Oh well onto Dickenson tomorrow and let's see what happens

IndoMike

Ajose hasn't got any pace outside the box and as witnessed on Saturday is easily caught when on the ball. His strengths are in the box and that is where he should be, which is why on Saturday it was disappointing not to see Joel Randall on the Left and Randell Williams on the right, this could have meant that the Colchester defence were split with us having potentially two tricky confident wingers to feed the strikers instead of being able to keep two defenders on Williams most of the match.

Whilst Jayden Richardson did not have a good first half he did do okay in front of Sweeney and we do need to bear in mind he is still learning, but Joel is one of our own and will be earning us money in the seasons to come.

Oh well onto Dickenson tomorrow and let's see what happens
It would be interesting to see how we played with no biggish central striker , especially when we play away. Maybe faster counter- attack and more movement? Just an idea for discussion

3-5-2
Maxted
Sweeney
Martin
Parkes
Williams
Atangana
Collins (or Taylor)
Law
Randall
Jay (or Martin)
Ajose

TSW1389

You can see from his body language (exasperation) that he's a real goal - grabber, with that tbh selfish instinct to get the ball played to him. No problem with that as long as he doesn't p*ss his team - mates off
I think it's the edge we may need. I like Bowman but I do wonder sometimes if the reason we don't get the ball into him is because players know he's not the greatest finisher where as Ajose wants to score and shoot as his first instinct.