• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd have thought that was the case - and surely also it would depend on who made the decision. If we'd told Forte we were binning him because we'd been advised he was too crocked to play, we'd be liable, but surely not if Forte said to us "Sorry, I can't play any more".
The club statement, which took a while to come out presumably because details needed to be sorted out, carefully says it was "his decision to retire from playing due to injury".

Some nice words from Matt Taylor.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh dear after scan still unsure of the damage or the length of time he is likely to be out https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/exeter-city-nicky-ajose-injury-3323267

But we do have Ben Seymour:D
Makes you wonder whether Ben will end up bagging more goals this season. Never felt quite right about the Ajose signing but was prepared to give him a chance to prove himself. Hope Ben does get plenty of chances too though.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn't know what everyone was getting excited about but as he signed I am prepared to wait a bit and see what he is like when fully fit, particularly now Sparkes and Williams are showing what they can do. Hoping when he is up and running he could be like Doyle at Swindon once he has his confidence back.

That now means we are waiting on three 'quality' players to make it into the team, in Holmes Atangana and now Ajose

Alistair20000

Is it time to officially question the wisdom of this signing?
Well, are you having second thoughts STURTZY ? ;)

STURTZ

Well, are you having second thoughts STURTZY ? ;)
No, every team needs a crocked striker that costs loads of money. How long is his contract dare I ask?

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I did say before he signed that he didn't have a track record of providing value for money. Most people disagreed and said you have to pay top dollar for "top" strikers. Im still hopeful if being proven wrong but it's not been a great start so far.

STURTZ

Nah. Exeweb wisdom was that it was a good signing and some said what a good feeling they had about the signing (see post 53 above). Far too early to say that we have signed two expensive strikers in the last two close seasons, neither of whom are playing, but whom we are still paying.
Let's wait to see if this injury was an issue before he signed and maybe the reason he was ineffective when he played if so then our medicians have let us down and it is a bad signing. Lets hope he recovers to score the goals he promised.

As for the "we all thought he was a good signing" stuff.
A} What the **** do we know? and
B} It's poor form to criticise a signing as it throws doubt on our management team and could have an adverse affect on the player in question.
May you prosper is the correct welcome for any player and not "he's absolute kak".

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
May you prosper is the correct welcome for any player and not "he's absolute kak".
It was abundantly clear to me having looked at his stats and seen him a few times in recent previous seasons that he did not represent VFM.

I was against the signing because he was getting overhyped on here for no reason other than he is an expensive wage. A quick discussion with Mansfield fans merely confirmed my suspicions that they wouldn't want to sign him. If he's not good enough for Mansfield why would he be good enough for us?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
If he's not good enough for Mansfield why would he be good enough for us?
With that simplistic approach I'm glad you aren't involved in player recruitment.

Time and time again a player will be successful having been unsuccessful at his previous club (even when the club is in the same division).

Regarding his stats, they are actually pretty decent.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Apparently the Club are quietly pleased with the knee scan.