• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

exeter-loyal

Having a scan for a knee injury.
Hopefully not to serious!!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh dear after scan still unsure of the damage or the length of time he is likely to be out https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/exeter-city-nicky-ajose-injury-3323267

But we do have Ben Seymour:D

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is it time to officially question the wisdom of this signing?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not necesssarily the wisdom but what medicals we have when signing

andrew p long

Is it time to officially question the wisdom of this signing?
Nah. Exeweb wisdom was that it was a good signing and some said what a good feeling they had about the signing (see post 53 above). Far too early to say that we have signed two expensive strikers in the last two close seasons, neither of whom are playing, but whom we are still paying.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nah. Exeweb wisdom was that it was a good signing and some said what a good feeling they had about the signing (see post 53 above). Far too early to say that we have signed two expensive strikers in the last two close seasons, neither of whom are playing, but whom we are still paying.
Are we really still paying Jonothan Forte? I assumed that there was some sort of insurance payout so we didn't have to pay him anymore.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Are we really still paying Jonothan Forte? I assumed that there was some sort of insurance payout so we didn't have to pay him anymore.
I'd have thought that was the case - and surely also it would depend on who made the decision. If we'd told Forte we were binning him because we'd been advised he was too crocked to play, we'd be liable, but surely not if Forte said to us "Sorry, I can't play any more".

I remember Tony Roberts of Dagenham being banned from playing league Football unless he repaid the insurance payout he got when he "retired" from playing due to injury at QPR. When Dagenham were promoted to the league either he or they repaid this sum so he carried on with them.

Colesman Ballz

I'd have thought that was the case - and surely also it would depend on who made the decision. If we'd told Forte we were binning him because we'd been advised he was too crocked to play, we'd be liable, but surely not if Forte said to us "Sorry, I can't play any more".

I remember Tony Roberts of Dagenham being banned from playing league Football unless he repaid the insurance payout he got when he "retired" from playing due to injury at QPR. When Dagenham were promoted to the league either he or they repaid this sum so he carried on with them.
Iirc he was forced to repay a large chunk, but not the whole sum. as of course he had already spent a number of years in just a part time capacity.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Iirc he was forced to repay a large chunk, but not the whole sum. as of course he had already spent a number of years in just a part time capacity.
That would make sense.

STURTZ

Not necesssarily the wisdom but what medicals we have when signing
I'm assuming the medicians have a certain amount of wisdom.