• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure if it was the formation or the personnel but, as I said, we did succeed in creating more chances from wide against Oldham. The problem was that neither of our supposedly most natural goalscorers, Ajose and Seymour, were on the pitch to finish off the chances - or, as in the last minute they were creating a clear-cut chance that another player couldn't put away.
So we had to take off the guy who should take the chances and replace him with the guy who was brought on to make the chances for him.

Banksy

Come on Nicky , break the duck today please and give this thread a happy ending.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
MK Tis 0-3 Peterborough.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Difference is, as Miller is on loan he has had (I assume) a full pre-season with his parent club, something Ajose hadn't had.
He didn’t join that late.....so far evidence would appear to suggest that he did sweet FA to maintain his fitness while he was without a Club.

Colesman Ballz

He didn’t join that late.....so far evidence would appear to suggest that he did sweet FA to maintain his fitness while he was without a Club.
I wasn't aware that his fitness is a problem. It is his integration into the team and his match sharpness that is in question. My favourite post on this thread is the one that pointed out that it took Jamie Cureton NINE games to open his scoring account for us !

As a former sport's coach, I found that no matter how good a recruited player was, it took on average three months to get the full benefit from them as far as team play was concerned.

Red Devon

Last night at the game there was quite a noticeable improvement in his fitness and movement from the three previous starts I’ve seen him make this season he’s looking much more up to speed with the rest of the squad now so things definitely looking up for him I’d say.

exeter-loyal

I'm just glad he got on the scoresheet even in games like the checktrade trophy. Hopefully this will kick him on now. I'm pleased for him.

tonykellowfan

Ajose has plenty of time to grow into his role and the squad. He may not be first choice in the XI currently, but there will be injuries and fixtures like this where he has a chance to force his way in.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pleased he got off the mark hopefully a bit of confidence and match sharpness helps him out

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Having a scan for a knee injury.