• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
"Goals will come" Christ almighty! I dont buy the "when Ajose is fit and settles in" nonsense either. What kind of settling in does he need in order to do the job he's handsomely paid to do? In the five decades I've supported City I've never heard all of the excuses put forward on behalf of a player. They've always had to hit the ground running and get stuck in in the past!
He needs service Pete and hasn't had any. It is as simple as that.

Ash

"Plenty of time to show what he can do" my ass! He's had 16 previous clubs for a reason, now we're stuck with him as a high earner apparently. IMHO Taylor bought a dud there. The man looks unfit, uninterested, and a waste of our time. Why should he need time to "gel with Bowman"? We need a fit goalscorer, and neither him or Bowman are it.
Yeah that's right Pete, write him off after just a few weeks! I mean, it's not like he's ever scored anywhere else anyway. And players always come into a new side and immediately perform at their best level don't they? {Shakes head in despair}

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the five decades I've supported City I've never heard all of the excuses put forward on behalf of a player. They've always had to hit the ground running and get stuck in in the past!
Your memory has gone chap, Tisdale had shed loads of these players.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Goals will come" Christ almighty! I dont buy the "when Ajose is fit and settles in" nonsense either. What kind of settling in does he need in order to do the job he's handsomely paid to do? In the five decades I've supported City I've never heard all of the excuses put forward on behalf of a player. They've always had to hit the ground running and get stuck in in the past!
I have a lot of sympathy with Pete's view . Ajose was bought as the finished article and should have enough professionalism to hit the ground running. He's not a youngster, and, with playing under so many different managers and using so many different systems should be able to fit in with any immediately.

scottus86

He needs to get a few goals and quick. He's either really crap or lacking confidence. I think it's the latter because he has scored well at this level before. I get the feeling he's one of those players that scores a lot but not much else, so when he's on bad form he is useless.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
He put in a lovely cross for Bowman at the end of the Oldham match which as others have said Bowman should have done better with (#disallowed goal)

Banksy

I have a lot of sympathy with Pete's view . Ajose was bought as the finished article and should have enough professionalism to hit the ground running. He's not a youngster, and, with playing under so many different managers and using so many different systems should be able to fit in with any immediately.
Yes , think Banks , Kellow , Cureton and the like.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would suggest that this is an unrealistic expectation. Prior to signing for City, Ajose had not started a league game since March, and had played very little football across the whole season. He also did not join us until mid-way through the pre-season period. On that basis, I would suggest it is more than likely that he will not be fully match fit. It is also highlight likely (at least in my view) that he will be rusty too.

It is fair to say that I do have some concerns about him, but I think it is still too early to write him off completely.

Banksy

To compare , it will be interesting to see whether George Miller , Scunny’S new loan signing , hits the ground running as we feel Ajose should have. I know it all depends on service , team playing style etc , but there’s a limit to the amount of time he should need surely, after all he is a seasoned player.We can’t spend all season hoping on him and scraping one goal results if we want an automatic/ playoff spot.

CC

To compare , it will be interesting to see whether George Miller , Scunny’S new loan signing , hits the ground running as we feel Ajose should have. I know it all depends on service , team playing style etc , but there’s a limit to the amount of time he should need surely, after all he is a seasoned player.We can’t spend all season hoping on him and scraping one goal results if we want an automatic/ playoff spot.
Difference is, as Miller is on loan he has had (I assume) a full pre-season with his parent club, something Ajose hadn't had.