• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well done to Matt and the board for putting this deal together, certainly a signing to be uplifted and optimistic about good luck Nicky.

Good news. Very pleased. Well done MT.

dontpassback

Well done and good luck to all the signings,I think matt has done well with his incoming players and if they gel then I think we will do well.the signings are a good mix of youth and experience and it’s nice to have a squad put together before the pre season gets under way proper .

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
At this stage we can only judge him on his stats. Can't think of anyone clearly better that we could have realistically hoped to sign so I am optimistic about this.

I think our recruitment is potentially good this summer. Two promising keepers, I like the look of parkes and if atangana is fit he should be good. The two from Yeovil would be the biggest question marks, but am hoping fisher can contribute at least. If we can get some mobile wing backs that could be the final pieces. We will be a bigger stronger side with hopefully some pace.

Welcome Nicky, looking forwards to hopefully a good start to the season.

IndoMike

Really pleased with this signing. It's been clear for a long time we needed a nippy fox in the box to complement our attack : we had to work hard for our goals last season but this bloke is smart in the box and is in the right place to take advantage of mistakes and score those scrappy goals, which count as much as the 30-yard screamers. For me this increases our chances of success significantly and I'm glad the Board listened to my pleas of "Taggy, loosen the purse strings and get in a goalscorer". ;).
Being totally greedy, if we could get at least a right back to compete with Sweeney I'd say it's been a very good window indeed.
Congratulations to Nicky Ajose, Matt and his team, and to the Board.
This is the year !!

Last edited:

Ash

Just a right back now and I'll be feeling pretty good about our chances for the season ahead.
Just one small issue I have is that although we have nearly enough defenders now, they all seem to be a little on the slow side. I really hope we can get a right back with pace

Last edited:

Ex-ciderrr

cant grumble with the Ajose signing hopefully he can settle quickly and start scoring for us, he is a goalscorer, just lost his way a little over the past season or so having not been in Charltons side regularly i feel. welcome mr ajose

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done and good luck to all the signings,I think matt has done well with his incoming players and if they gel then I think we will do well.the signings are a good mix of youth and experience and it’s nice to have a squad put together before the pre season gets under way proper .
And to think it was only a week or so ago that we were all bemoaning the lack of signings!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
And to think it was only a week or so ago that we were all bemoaning the lack of signings!
Sweeping statement alert !!

A few might have been but not all.

IndoMike

Sweeping statement alert !!

A few might have been but not all.
I was as calm as a cucumber...B-)