• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope he builds a good partnership with Bowman and bangs them in for us. I'd be very happy if he gets 15 this season.

Pobbop

“Potentially” and “could” being the key words. He has been a bit of a football nomad although having said that Stockley was also well traveled so who knows. I hope I will be proved wrong but not sure he is a regular 20 goal a season player....but time will tell.
In the end, that is the type of signing we make, we are not ever going to be in the market for a "certainty" at this level.

We paid good money for stockley, and I am pretty sure we only did that because we knew he played well here. It certainly wasn't on his goal-scoring exploits in Scotland, where I think Bowman, and shockingly Cummins had a better record.

Yet he did have ago on his side.

Ajose on best form is quality in this division, and if true that there were division three clubs chasing him, it is a coup. I would guess they weren't promising a first team place, which you do need at 27.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great signing, he's on a good wedge hope he can provide that goal touch we need. He's in his prime after travelling around and may just be looking for that club that can supply him. Got a good feeling about him.

jrg333

I hope I will be proved wrong but not sure he is a regular 20 goal a season player....but time will tell.
Can you think of a single '20 goal a season player' that we could realistically sign? Ajose scored 24 goals in League One only 3 years ago and he's still the right side of 30 for goodness sake!

I'm happy with this. Looks like some will always find a reason to be negative...

scottus86

It's a good signing, hopefully he can get settled in quickly and I hope he feels he has a point to prove. We're strong upfront now with three first choice strikers playing for first team football they will all need to stay motivated

Exehausted

Great signing, he's on a good wedge hope he can provide that goal touch we need. He's in his prime after travelling around and may just be looking for that club that can supply him. Got a good feeling about him.
You and me both Sturtz. We are clearly at the maximum of our budget, perhaps a bit over it. A good start and we could be looking at 5,500 crowds and the extra income will come in handy. Really looking forward to the start of the season.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks a good signing to me knows where the net is and think could work well upfront with Bowman could be a great combination.
If he is half as good as the last Nicky Matt signed then let the season commence (clap) (y)

geoffwp

I'm getting good vibes about this. TBH, I just couldn't work up any excitement about the earlier signings, they were like, 'oh really? Well ok then.' But this has hints of quality about it and has suddenly pulled my head out of the cricket where it's been most of summer and brought back that itch for a new season to begin. Well done Matt T and those involved with getting this over the line.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

Grecian Max

There’s sauces and then there’s M&S sauces.