Nicky Ajose

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ajose is too good for the division, those critical already will eat their words.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Source: I saw him play for Swindon multiple times in League 1, I trust my own eyes.
I hope you're right, we may need him later on, but that was several seasons ago.

In any case can't see him getting in the team in the short term even if fit. Seymour looked lively on Tuesday night and IMO deserves a run of a few games to try to make his mark, as Sparkes has done.

Sexton Blake

With that simplistic approach I'm glad you aren't involved in player recruitment.

Time and time again a player will be successful having been unsuccessful at his previous club (even when the club is in the same division).

Regarding his stats, they are actually pretty decent.
Yes good example Jamie C not exactly ripping up trees prior to first signing for us....then when leaving to join Orient far from prolific....finding us form again after rejoining us.

Stelios

This injury does not sound good. Don't think much good has ever come out of a 'knee scan'.

Main concern is 'attitude' rather than talent. I did a trawl on Twitter when we were first linked to him to him and the comments from Charlton fans were not encouraging at all. 'Ego' etc. Don't think he set the world alight at Mansfield either. Obviously Twitter is a bit of a cesspit so not a fair environment to judge him but contrast this with Motherwell fans who on the whole never doubted Bowman's attitude and workrate. Looks like they were spot on. Mind you, oppostion Scottish fans just thought he was a thug with sharp elbows.

MT said he had good references from Charlton staff (but they would say that, wouldn't they???...........). Think the idea when signing him was he would finally be able to 'settle down' at a club so hope the injury isn't too serious.

He could have an ego the size of Devon for I all I care if he scores 20 goals a year but if you're not playing and not scoring it's not a good look. Even in all the little official videos and interviews and bits online he comes across as a bit of a miserabe sod. None of that matters if he can do it on the pitch of course.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
He looked good when he was at Swindon granted. But he was 22 or so at that point and got himself a big money move to Charlton. Since then he's not exactly kicked on and hasn't had glowing reports from any club he's been at.

If he recreates his Swindon form then I'll happily hold my hands up and admit I know nothing.

Banksy

As Stelios said in the post above , it’s the injury that’s the worry. If he’s picked up this without actually playing is he going to be one of those players who plays for a third of a season . We’ve already got Holmes in that department. We don’t need him at the moment , but if we pick up injuries as the season goes on we could well need some sort of contribution from him ( and Holmes for that matter ) .
One way or another I doubt he’ll get into double figures goal wise. Hope I’m wrong.

Grecian Max

Well he’d better hurry up and prove it then.
Not being funny but it’s only September and he’s injured?

Part of the issue was early doors MT hadn’t settled on a formation that suited - I’ve still got belief that Ajose in a front two with Bowman will work.

Grecian Max

I don’t believe he’s particularly injury prone - so not sure I agree with the comparison with Holmes.

I’m amazed people are writing him off early but then it’s clear you haven’t watched him.

tonykellowfan

Fingers uncrossed and looking forward to next seas
No manager is going to get every signing right as there is always an uncertain element to a new player. Name any top manager you like and I can name a duff signing they have made.

Lee Martin took quite a while to settle into the area and the team but now looks like quality. Even Bowman who people are using as an example of a good signing was not universally popular after his first few games for us.

The Proper Chap

Part of the issue was early doors MT hadn’t settled on a formation that suited - I’ve still got belief that Ajose in a front two with Bowman will work.
Exactly, often when we have played 4 - 4 - 2 (which is what we were doing when Ajose was playing) we haven't looked that impressive.

The wing backs system with three central midfielders allows the two front men to hold their position more, i.e. Ajose doesn't need to track back all the time or drift wide.

Bowman and Ajose in a 3 - 5 - 2 could be interesting.

Also we are creating a lot more chances now, in the Carlisle, Leyton Orient and Port Vale games we could have probably scored at least four or five in each game, on paper Ajose is our best finisher.