Nicky Ajose

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure if it was the formation or the personnel but, as I said, we did succeed in creating more chances from wide against Oldham. The problem was that neither of our supposedly most natural goalscorers, Ajose and Seymour, were on the pitch to finish off the chances - or, as in the last minute they were creating a clear-cut chance that another player couldn't put away.
So we had to take off the guy who should take the chances and replace him with the guy who was brought on to make the chances for him.

Sexton Blake

Difference is, as Miller is on loan he has had (I assume) a full pre-season with his parent club, something Ajose hadn't had.
He didn’t join that late.....so far evidence would appear to suggest that he did sweet FA to maintain his fitness while he was without a Club.

Colesman Ballz

Well-known Exeweb poster
He didn’t join that late.....so far evidence would appear to suggest that he did sweet FA to maintain his fitness while he was without a Club.
I wasn't aware that his fitness is a problem. It is his integration into the team and his match sharpness that is in question. My favourite post on this thread is the one that pointed out that it took Jamie Cureton NINE games to open his scoring account for us !

As a former sport's coach, I found that no matter how good a recruited player was, it took on average three months to get the full benefit from them as far as team play was concerned.

Red Devon

Well-known Exeweb poster
Last night at the game there was quite a noticeable improvement in his fitness and movement from the three previous starts I’ve seen him make this season he’s looking much more up to speed with the rest of the squad now so things definitely looking up for him I’d say.

exeter-loyal

I'm just glad he got on the scoresheet even in games like the checktrade trophy. Hopefully this will kick him on now. I'm pleased for him.

andrew p long

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it time to officially question the wisdom of this signing?
Nah. Exeweb wisdom was that it was a good signing and some said what a good feeling they had about the signing (see post 53 above). Far too early to say that we have signed two expensive strikers in the last two close seasons, neither of whom are playing, but whom we are still paying.

SEA Grecian

Nah. Exeweb wisdom was that it was a good signing and some said what a good feeling they had about the signing (see post 53 above). Far too early to say that we have signed two expensive strikers in the last two close seasons, neither of whom are playing, but whom we are still paying.
Are we really still paying Jonothan Forte? I assumed that there was some sort of insurance payout so we didn't have to pay him anymore.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Are we really still paying Jonothan Forte? I assumed that there was some sort of insurance payout so we didn't have to pay him anymore.
I'd have thought that was the case - and surely also it would depend on who made the decision. If we'd told Forte we were binning him because we'd been advised he was too crocked to play, we'd be liable, but surely not if Forte said to us "Sorry, I can't play any more".

I remember Tony Roberts of Dagenham being banned from playing league Football unless he repaid the insurance payout he got when he "retired" from playing due to injury at QPR. When Dagenham were promoted to the league either he or they repaid this sum so he carried on with them.

Colesman Ballz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd have thought that was the case - and surely also it would depend on who made the decision. If we'd told Forte we were binning him because we'd been advised he was too crocked to play, we'd be liable, but surely not if Forte said to us "Sorry, I can't play any more".

I remember Tony Roberts of Dagenham being banned from playing league Football unless he repaid the insurance payout he got when he "retired" from playing due to injury at QPR. When Dagenham were promoted to the league either he or they repaid this sum so he carried on with them.
Iirc he was forced to repay a large chunk, but not the whole sum. as of course he had already spent a number of years in just a part time capacity.