• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

NHS what a load of crap

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Because they could by finding ever more ingenious ways to raise monies to fund it. Tuition fees, Housing boom stamp duty, Finance sector tax grab, pension raids etc, etc.
Not to mention an eye watering debt that will need to be repaid by the future fleecing of our wallets.

Red Lion

Some don't get treated because the drugs are not cost approved. Thus the existence of NICE. Some screenings are not performed because of cost vs lives saved. Nothing is ever approved just to save a few people.
On a bit of a tangent, but IMHO sort of relevant, is it just tabloid bullsh*t, or do the NHS really fund stuff like sex change operations?

newburygrecian

Yes, they do, but only after a long and thorough psychological evaluation and after all other options for treatment have been explored.

newburygrecian

On the OP, tumours are c*nts. Not all are malignant and the differences can be so small it's hard to be certain. Even once they know whether it's malignant or not, there's all sorts of types of tumour with different treatments. Brain tumours are particularly hard to analyse because, depending where it is, it may be in such a sensitive position that they can't just take a biopsy and find out what it is. Les could tell you much more than any of us though.

les.gtfc

On the OP, tumours are c*nts. Not all are malignant and the differences can be so small it's hard to be certain. Even once they know whether it's malignant or not, there's all sorts of types of tumour with different treatments. Brain tumours are particularly hard to analyse because, depending where it is, it may be in such a sensitive position that they can't just take a biopsy and find out what it is. Les could tell you much more than any of us though.
Very true. Brain tumours are real nasty little bastards are there are so many different types. Brain Tumour are graded 1 to 4 with several different tumours within each grade, most with unpronouncable names. They are also often misdiagnosed and not correctly diagnosed until well into the growth life of the tumour.

Even a benign tumour like mine still has a small chance of growing back though even though no radiotherapy or chemo is required. As you say though brain tumours can be in many different positions in the skull. Luckily for me mine was across the top of my head so could easily be removed but I know some sufferers where the tumour is near their spinal column so cannot be removed and is being controlled with drugs and radiotherapy.

Anyway, if anyone want to know more about brain tumours just do a google search as that will give you far more details than I can tell you.

Last edited: