• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport County v Exeter City - Official Matchday Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Change of referee. Darren Deadman replaces Trevor Kettle.

Boyo

What's the average age of the starting 11? Looks young.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Change of referee. Darren Deadman replaces Trevor Kettle.
There must be a joke in there somewhere

malcolms

A friend of mine who is a mad groundhopper has just let me know he's at Rodney Parade today. I have asked him to give me his unbiased opinion on two things.

1. ECFC, mediocre or better than that?

2. Does Reid tip the scales at 15 stones?

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just heard the line up given on Radio Devon by the match commentator it sounded like his name was Peter Smith. Only time will tell how good a commentator he will be but if the stuttering way he read the team out when he sounded half asleep is anything to go by then it did not bode well.

Pobbop

Well Mcalinden up-front, even though the ECFC pic puts Watkins and Grany up front and him playing on the left, which I don't see myself. CRL in too, looks a pretty pacy side, wonder if we think Newport are vulnerable to that, rather than the brute strength of Reid.

crocks

Got any spuds. Could grow a good crop on this pitch.

Btw - thank goodness Reid is not starting. From the warm up, he looked drunk. That's the only way I can understand his complete lack of football skills.

Copernicus

Just heard the line up given on Radio Devon by the match commentator it sounded like his name was Peter Smith. Only time will tell how good a commentator he will be but if the stuttering way he read the team out when he sounded half asleep is anything to go by then it did not bode well.
You were right, he is terrible!

Well-known Exeweb poster
yeah , the commentor sounds hesitant,,give the guy a chance though , as long as he sticks to telling us whats going on I'm a hapi bunny .

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
You were right, he is terrible!
Thank goodness for Kirky he is actually telling us more about the movement in the game than the commentator.