• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport County v Exeter City - Official Matchday Thread

Leads

They don't take cups into account do they? It should be Tisdale, given where we were at the beginning of the Month. It won't be though
Should it? I haven't looked at the results of the other clubs that picked up 10 points, but our two away wins came against the bottom two, a home win against the team in 17th and a draw against a team that is also below us in the league. Don't get me wrong- 10 points is a very good haul but I think it is possible that one of the other teams who got 10 points had slightly more challenging fixtures.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Should it? I haven't looked at the results of the other clubs that picked up 10 points, but our two away wins came against the bottom two, a home win against the team in 17th and a draw against a team that is also below us in the league. Don't get me wrong- 10 points is a very good haul but I think it is possible that one of the other teams who got 10 points had slightly more challenging fixtures.
Yeah but you could argue that we were one of the lower end teams at the start of the month so perhaps us beating teams in the bottom half of the table is as challenging as top of the table teams beating teams further up the division.

denzel

Of the other four sides only Colchester beat a side above them in the table. We of course beat Mansfield and drew with Yeovil when they were above us. You could make a case for any of them really (except Argyle)

Last edited:

Fareham Grecian

Pretty well spot on: particularly the last line re: TT&P and the 175k pa they collectively pick up. Luckily for them, thats all history now; nobody knows what they do but as long as we continue through this rich vein of form we're on, what does it matter? And on the topic of yesterdays win, as I said earlier; with things looking decidedly dodgy at Newport in more ways than one, you'd better hope they stay in business til' the seasons end; otherwise all of the goals from yesterday will stand for nothing; let alone the one Pym should have judged a lot better.
Satire is dead.

AlanDevlin

Pretty well spot on: particularly the last line re: TT&P and the 175k pa they collectively pick up. Luckily for them, thats all history now; nobody knows what they do but as long as we continue through this rich vein of form we're on, what does it matter? And on the topic of yesterdays win, as I said earlier; with things looking decidedly dodgy at Newport in more ways than one, you'd better hope they stay in business til' the seasons end; otherwise all of the goals from yesterday will stand for nothing; let alone the one Pym should have judged a lot better.
What are the lottery numbers this week, Mox? 😂😂😂😂

Steve Moran3

I had Ollie first scorer and 1-4 on sky bet at 210/1! Unfortunately only had 50p on it. I normally pick a player as first scorer at the start of the season and stick with it for a scorecast but this year switched to Reid - not won yet. I got the Ollie bet on at literally a minute to 3 once I realised Reid was sub. £105 for a 50p stake though ain't too bad!

Oldsmobile-88

Exactly how I saw it today Russ..thought Mcalinden was outstanding today..a constant threat.
Good to see you today by the way..its been a while
Always a pleasure to see the Somerset Grecians...Catch up again before the season is out..

Back to the match,it was good to see the lads behind the goal give some good natured banter to the ball boys...Non abusive & they had a good laugh,especially the lad who was asked the score & used his fingers to show 1-4...

Colesman Ballz

Always a pleasure to see the Somerset Grecians...Catch up again before the season is out..

Back to the match,it was good to see the lads behind the goal give some good natured banter to the ball boys...Non abusive & they had a good laugh,especially the lad who was asked the score & used his fingers to show 1-4...
I liked the reaction of the Newport fan in the yellow and black bobble hat, to Ollie's first goal (see post #219). I'd also love to know what the ref was saying to Ollie after his second and third ? Perhaps he was asking him to slow down, as he was finding it hard to keep up !(rofl)

StroudGrecian

I'd also love to know what the ref was saying to Ollie after his second and third ? Perhaps he was asking him to slow down, as he was finding it hard to keep up !(rofl)
Deadman walking?

Alistair20000

Deadman walking?
Now that did make I smile. (clap) Well thought out Stroudy.