• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport County v Exeter City Matchday Thread

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster

Had forgotten the manager once turned out for them !

Flynn angry about an alleged stamping, remember a kerfuffle but not the player involved. Who was the naughty boy ?

Stelios

Had forgotten the manager once turned out for them !

Flynn angry about an alleged stamping, remember a kerfuffle but not the player involved. Who was the naughty boy ?
Great photo (y)

Don't know anything about the 'stamp' but if I had to make a guess I'd go for our captain.......

David Treharne

Or a Graham Parker!:sneaky:
Graham Parker is coming to the Phoenix later in the year. Sadly without The Rumour.

jimmy

Great photo (y)

Don't know anything about the 'stamp' but if I had to make a guess I'd go for our captain.......
Lee Martin with the alleged stamp. Bit of a tangle in the middle of the park. Newport player obviously screamed and stayed down and then was absolutely fine 30 seconds later.

As has been mentioned, Newport players, staff and fans were desperate to get a player sent off. I'd be surprised if an experienced Lee Martin did leave anything on him...in the middle of the park, right in front of the referee.

It will not be a ban like Mr. Parkes a few weeks back..

Rosencrantz

Think this is from a Newport fan
Not sure about a Newport fan but someone who will struggle to have any career in football reporting if he mistakes Jayden Richardson for Lee Martin like he does towards the end of his report 🙈.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Watch Labadie on Taylor at around the 1.10 minute mark, does the Newport player chuck an elbow into Taylor.

Alistair20000

Watch Labadie on Taylor at around the 1.10 minute mark, does the Newport player chuck an elbow into Taylor.

Inconclusive to me Chap. While Labadie is a Count there is not enough evidence to convict here. No sign of a friendly bite either :)

Stelios

No, more of a body-check. Still a foul mind you.

exeter-loyal

100% put a nudge/elbow in there, plain obvious.

IndoMike

I thought that their keeper was hampering Richardson a bit when the latter nicked the ball off him.