• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport County v Exeter City Matchday Thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Or a Graham Parker!:sneaky:

Grecian2K

No no, Pate said he did well. Must be booing someone else.
Absolutely true isca.
Ref was awarded 10/10 on the Arizonan FA adjudication panel.
Never put a whistle wrong - and even awarded an redemptive penalty to the sheepish ones (although, to be fair, an "olde schools" keeper from Pate's golden era of glovesmanship would not only have pawed in out but then sprung up, dribbled the ball the length of the pitch and slammed in a well deserved decisive second goal).

Grecian2K

Or a Danny Bailey? (Although, provided he can stay fit, maybe Nigel A might fulfill the enforcement role when he finally appears?)

dontpassback

Now he was a player who knew how to get stuck in !

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Early days yet but there seem to be a number of teams on a similar level. We have made a good start and tried to play football as well as adding a bit of bite to the team. Unlike previous seasons we are not getting bullied.

We have also seen that a number of teams in this division are very well versed in the “dark arts” and I feel that now we have added the likes of Parkes to the team this factor may well prove to be one of the main reasons why this could be our promotion season.

hardi2b

Tough game well played by the lads. thought Richardson showed some naivety when chasing down the lose ball toward the end and could have tumbled over when challenged by the keeper, but, did well to try to make something from what appeared to be a lost cause. Ref was constantly conned by the Newport players, as for the pen decision I saw it as did Sea Grecian - that the Newport player deliberately took advantage of a "trailing leg" and should have been booked for diving.
Non the less a courageously hard-fought and well deserved point.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
We went 12 unbeaton in league with Tisdale halfway through season!
Club record is 13 games and that is the record which we have equalled today.

jimmy

Tough game well played by the lads. thought Richardson showed some naivety when chasing down the lose ball toward the end and could have tumbled over when challenged by the keeper, but, did well to try to make something from what appeared to be a lost cause. Ref was constantly conned by the Newport players, as for the pen decision I saw it as did Sea Grecian - that the Newport player deliberately took advantage of a "trailing leg" and should have been booked for diving.
Non the less a courageously hard-fought and well deserved point.
I second (or third) that. It was not a penalty. The Newport player came flying in and dived over one of the many trailing limbs.

It was only due to the slip and chaos that a penalty seemed inevitable. However, it was not a foul.

Bad luck with the slip. Strong point though! Ten games unbeaten!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are lots of team like it because it’s effective at this level and tbf to Newport they’re one of the best. I noticed today though that , compared the last season, we didn’t fold or choke. Last year it looked like we were completely intimidated by them. Yes a Clive whitehead is def needed fo4 games like these
But it is that effective, though, Newport have scored less than a goal a game this season so it looks like teams are working out that if you stand up to them physically they may not have a plan b.

Oldsmobile-88

That was a very tough test passed today(just)

Very few teams get anything at Newport these days & I thought we stood up to the physical test very well.
A Tisdale team would have rolled over as witnessed numerous times over the years.
Well pleased with the point & performance.The run continues.