• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

NEW Debate (!) - Online "Hate" Crimes

Terryhall

It's being treated as neither. The police are still desperately searching for something which they can charge them under - The police aren't as intelligent as our Terry unfortunately, so haven't realised there is sufficient grounds to charge them under the public order act.
They arrested them for public order offences. Please read post #5.

ExeterCityLad

They arrested them for public order offences. Please read post #5.
I've got to the bottom of this now. You don't understand the difference and procedure in arresting, charging and prosecuting. Nailed it.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've got to the bottom of this now. You don't understand the difference and procedure in arresting, charging and prosecuting. Nailed it.
They haven't charged because they're still investigating.

Terryhall

This from the man who earlier refused to accept that my post with the word "arrested" was not the same as his post with the word "prosecuted". :D

ExeterCityLad

They haven't charged because they're still investigating.
They haven't charged because there is nothing to charge them of.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
They haven't charged because there is nothing to charge them of.
Well they won't know that until they've investigated.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Well you should, that's for sure.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Fair enough if you haven't. I apologise. In which case Spanky was going off on a wild one and decided to decide you were offended, on your behalf.
Wrong again, Troll.