• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Club/Trust Visuals

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Surprised no one has started a thread on this yet:

http://mobile.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/update-exeter-city-visuals-3193372.aspx

A couple of things for me personally:

• Why is the Trust going for the same corporate identity as the club? Surely it needs to be seen as a separate entity.
  • I think more could have been done with the badge myself rather than a detailed re-draw. A modern take on the shield within the crest might have been something worth doing to give it a fresh look.

Still, all opinions at the end of the day. What's everyone else's take on these?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes I can see the irony before someone says anything, but I don't think there's much to discuss - it looks alright and is neither earth shattering or a let down.

Two points though: the Trust is a separate entity, that's why it's got its own name. However, it's not that separate as its inextricably linked with the club - if there's no club there's no Trust so don't see why it needs to look any more separate than having its own name. The other point is more of a question: where the 'Semper Fidelis' motto is, didn't that used to say 'Exeter City FC' instead?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It looks okay but agree that the badge could have been modernised. Less is more and all that.

nothing really to see here is there!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes I can see the irony before someone says anything, but I don't think there's much to discuss - it looks alright and is neither earth shattering or a let down.

Two points though: the Trust is a separate entity, that's why it's got its own name. However, it's not that separate as its inextricably linked with the club - if there's no club there's no Trust so don't see why it needs to look any more separate than having its own name. The other point is more of a question: where the 'Semper Fidelis' motto is, didn't that used to say 'Exeter City FC' instead?
Re your last point, I believe you're right, Ant

Grecian Max

It's all a bit clumsy really. I don't like the the weird banner that's tapers in on one side and points on the other, it makes the whole thing look wonky especially centralised under the badge.

But lets hope they never touch the badge in an attempt to "modernise" it. Redrawing the basic shape is one, what Villa have done recently is a good example of tidying an existing heritage badge well. Those horrible Arsenal rip offs (when the original Arsenal US inspired redesign was about as bad you could get)l was a crap trend that I'm pleased we have so far steered clear of.

Last edited:

fred binneys head

I don't like the the weird banner that's tapers in on one side and points on the other, it makes the whole thing look wonky especially centralised under the badge.
A marketing type will probably tell you it is an arrow, to signify movement forward and to show that Exeter City is a sharp, dynamic brand. When they finish speaking, feel free to punch them in the mouth.

Spoonz Red E

feel free to punch them in the mouth.
New in Marketing!!!
A handy, rounded digital package allowing for customer outreach and interface ...

ChrisWickens

From the website -

"............, new signage will be erected around St James Park this coming season, which will improve the match day experience for home and away fans. "

That is really pie in the sky! So, I pop down from Gloucestershire and a few new signs, albeit smarter than currently on display, will improve my experience!! More positive performances on the pitch may help.

Having said that I actually quite like the design!

fred binneys head

Depends on the signs - if they show a picture of a cow taking a dump on an argyle fan, that would improve my match day experience.

older-codger

I suspect that the signs will point out the direction of the pitch. That may improve the match day experience............ or maybe not