• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Most overrated football players (still playing)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll get the ball rolling with Danny Rose and Jack Wilshere.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
John Stones...

Oldsmobile-88

Paul Pogba must be the icing on the cake if transfer fees are taken into the equation.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Martial.

grecIAN Harris

Jordan Henderson. How the hell he is even mentioned in a conversation about the England squad is beyond me let alone actually being picked for it.

DB9

Neymar, Sorry I just don't get him, Everyone lauds about him but I've seen nothing in the Messi level about him

grecIAN Harris

Neymar, Sorry I just don't get him, Everyone lauds about him but I've seen nothing in the Messi level about him
I'd actually go with Messi himself. People rate him over Ronaldo but how many times have you seen him carry a side like Ronnie has done time and again on the international stage. When that pressure is on him he wilts whereas Ronnie rises to the occasion and drags Portugal through kicking and screaming.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
PAFC

DB9

I'd actually go with Messi himself. People rate him over Ronaldo but how many times have you seen him carry a side like Ronnie has done time and again on the international stage. When that pressure is on him he wilts whereas Ronnie rises to the occasion and drags Portugal through kicking and screaming.
Probably right regards Messi on the international stage but Neymar at both club and international level has never done it for me

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jordan Henderson. How the hell he is even mentioned in a conversation about the England squad is beyond me let alone actually being picked for it.
Harsh words for a Klopp regular.