• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Morecambe AFC v's Exeter City AFC Official Match Day Thread. LD2 25/8/19

Rog H K

Going top today:censored:

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fancy us to sneak this one, the early season gelling, barring one or two, is moving in the right direction. We seem to create a few chances but not bury them, fine lines and all that. A bit more concentration in front of goal should see us over the line today?. Does the big man still turn out for Morecambe?, must be getting on a bit now. League 2 legend

burtiew

Today is the day ... Ajose hattrick!!

Ex-ciderrr

Think this will be a tricky encounter, Morecambe on their day can surprise anyone in this league, I think they’ve got a couple of results off Mansfield this season already?, So I’m not expecting a walk in the park by any means this afternoon. Fingers are crossed, and I hope we can stick that ball in the net and bring 3 points down the M5/M6 come 5pm.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've absolutey no idea what team we will put out today but I've got the feeling that if the ball starts to drop for us we could quite easily put 3 or 4 past a team - which probably means today will end up being a dispiriting loss.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A few goals for City please! Will be watching on Twitter later.

Jason's preview https://www.exeweb.com/2019/08/22/preview-morecambe-vs-exeter-city/

Corey

1-0 to City

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
No predictions just hope, we should be good enough to win but we are Exeter, and don't like to make things easy.

Please NA to score to silence his critcs a little and let's hope 3 points come five o'clock

Couple other matches which could affect our league position are Crewe away to Newport, who although not setting the world alight beat the mighty Scum last week, Bradford home to Forest Green and Cambridge home to the mighty Oldham. So unless we get a hatful unlikely to be top at the end of the day, but could be challenging as everyone is beating everyone at the moment, so who knows.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
No predictions just hope, we should be good enough to win but we are Exeter, and don't like to make things easy.

Please NA to score to silence his critcs a little and let's hope 3 points come five o'clock

Couple other matches which could affect our league position are Crewe away to Newport, who although not setting the world alight beat the mighty Scum last week, Bradford home to Forest Green and Cambridge home to the mighty Oldham. So unless we get a hatful unlikely to be top at the end of the day, but could be challenging as everyone is beating everyone at the moment, so who knows.
Agree with all of this. Just hope was can score at least two, as Ellison is bound to score at least one for the Shrimps.

exeter-loyal

Stick to our own game plan today and get in early goal and I think we will be alright. Funny team Morecambe though but I think we will do enough to bag the 3 points.