• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Morecambe AFC v's Exeter City AFC Official Match Day Thread. LD2 25/8/19

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'd expect Matt Jay to drop back down on to the bench and Jake Taylor to come in. Sparkes and Richardson to start? Probably just Richardson.

exeter-loyal

I'd expect Matt Jay to drop back down on to the bench and Jake Taylor to come in. Sparkes and Richardson to start? Probably just Richardson.
Sparkes and Richardson had good game Tuesday so wouldn't surprise me!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Also, Parkes to start instead of Aaron Martin, which will disappoint lots of City supporters.

Last edited:

exeter-loyal

Personally I don't think he should drop A.Martin off the back of the last 2 performances!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Come on City - stick away those chances.
11 points from 5 games would be a great start.

Colesman Ballz

Fancy us to sneak this one, the early season gelling, barring one or two, is moving in the right direction. We seem to create a few chances but not bury them, fine lines and all that. A bit more concentration in front of goal should see us over the line today?. Does the big man still turn out for Morecambe?, must be getting on a bit now. League 2 legend
Ellison is still playing, and even started a game recently. Only Danny Bulman at Crawley is of a "grander" age in the EFL !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

STURTZ

We know that if we'd taken all our easy chances this season we'd be top. looking for a fired up Nicky Ajose to start scoring today;

Morecambe 1 City 3.
Ajose 2, Law.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
We know that if we'd taken all our easy chances this season we'd be top.
It works both ways, Macclesfield had some good chances against us, Swindon had plenty and Oldham had a couple of very good chances.

In terms of performances thus far I'd say 4th flatters us, in general we haven't been at our best.

TSW1389

Glad to see sparkes has got a start today and Lee Martin. We have looked good but just need that left side option. Energy and legs will be important today.