• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

More problems at Bolton Wanderers

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Now Bolton have been saved and appointed a new manager in Keith Hill, While he has said his first priority is getting a team together before the dealine on Monday i think the lads (And i mean lads) who have turned out week after week, Getting drubbed mostly but more importantly Bolton have played their fixtures bar one should be given a great deal of thanks from the club, They were put in an impossible position but i think they did their best, Going out on the pitch and getting tonked most weeks but kept the Bolton club and name going while thier near neighbours Bury couldn't even do that, So i hope the club appreciate what they did and reward them in some way

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
EFL announces disciplinary action against Bolton

Oldsmobile-88

^^^^

Bolton were very lucky the points deduction was suspended.

The calling off of a game,no matter how it was perceived as justified without the EFL
management committee taking that decision is about as serious as it can get.

The EFL will have made a rod for their own back if a similar scenario happens with another club.

iscalad

We got more than that when we had a fist full of sicknotes. Barstewards

Oldsmobile-88

^^^^

Bolton were very lucky the points deduction was suspended.

The calling off of a game,no matter how it was perceived as justified without the EFL
management committee taking that decision is about as serious as it can get.

The EFL will have made a rod for their own back if a similar scenario happens with another club.
To clarify.The decision to punish Bolton was taken by a independent disciplinary commission that the EFL had referred the issue to.
It is odd that they outsourced such a important matter.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So much for governance! EFL to appeal the decision!

i8cornwall

The Speed the EFL have moved at to appeal the decision, shame they didn't act so quickly to help the club and staff out when we where up shit Creek a few months back!

Matt Russell

The Speed the EFL have moved at to appeal the decision, shame they didn't act so quickly to help the club and staff out when we where up **** Creek a few months back!
With whose funds were the EFL expected to bail out mismanagement at Bolton?

Colesman Ballz

Why on earth did the EFL "farm out" the disciplinary decision anyway ? Presumably they were simply trying to distance themselves from any criticism when applying their own rules. That PR strategy has failed miserably, which leads me to the conclusion that although Shawn Harvey might have departed, his legacy lives on. The EFL has an awfully long way to go before it becomes fit for purpose.

i8cornwall

With whose funds were the EFL expected to bail out mismanagement at Bolton?
Please explain where I have said that in that post or this thread?