• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

More problems at Bolton Wanderers

i8cornwall

I'd rather die then see us take hand outs from the manc's and Burnley!

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd rather die then see us take hand outs from the manc's and Burnley!
When did you and other Bolton fans get an inkling that all was not well with the takeover or are you shocked as aeveryone else?

i8cornwall

When did you and other Bolton fans get an inkling that all was not well with the takeover or are you shocked as aeveryone else?
This has been coming for months to be honest, it's not much of a surprise to us who follow the club. The time scale is a shock but might be best then the long drawn out two weeks that Bury had to go through. It's not nice and has now fully hit home today that the club I've followed (along with city) since a child might be no more. Even fans who have said all along that we will be reet (or alright) and now starting to panic which is worrying!

DB9

This has been coming for months to be honest, it's not much of a surprise to us who follow the club. The time scale is a shock but might be best then the long drawn out two weeks that Bury had to go through. It's not nice and has now fully hit home today that the club I've followed (along with city) since a child might be no more. Even fans who have said all along that we will be reet (or alright) and now starting to panic which is worrying!
Your club will not die, Maybe in this guise but an "AFC Bolton" will rise from the ashes of this mess, Look at Rangers in Scotland, They went into liquidation, Although they still ended up staying in the league but L2 in Scotland will be the equivalent of where a new Bolton will play

i8cornwall

Your club will not die, Maybe in this guise but an "AFC Bolton" will rise from the ashes of this mess, Look at Rangers in Scotland, They went into liquidation, Although they still ended up staying in the league but L2 in Scotland will be the equivalent of where a new Bolton will play
I am taking comfort in that, there doesn't seem to be much hunger for a AFC Bolton but I think somthing would be formed to fill the gap left by the club.

DB9

I am taking comfort in that, there doesn't seem to be much hunger for a AFC Bolton but I think somthing would be formed to fill the gap left by the club.
There will be an appetite to do something, Bolton have a big fanbase, I'm sure some sort of figurehead would come to the fore to galvanise the fans

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Bolton sold, and so one hopes their nightmare is at an end

and the EFL statement

DB9

Good news for Botlon and one only Bury fans can look on in envy, I just hope that this is the real deal and they don't find themselves in a similar position down the line again as they have in the past, I'm very happy for fans like i8cornwall that their club has survived and hopefully they can enjoy the rest of the season and beyond. Still not sure what the EFL will do for postponing their recent fixture but this is a minor detail

i8cornwall

Good news for Botlon and one only Bury fans can look on in envy, I just hope that this is the real deal and they don't find themselves in a similar position down the line again as they have in the past, I'm very happy for fans like i8cornwall that their club has survived and hopefully they can enjoy the rest of the season and beyond. Still not sure what the EFL will do for postponing their recent fixture but this is a minor detail
Thank you for your kind words.

I never want to go through that again. Hopfuly this is a new brighter future for the club, the new owners seems to want to run us in the right way and the future chairman is a local lad done good which helps.

I think this should ultimately be the start of fans of all the EFL clubs calling and demanding change via protest and lobbying supporters trust etc to achieve this, id imagine/hope saturday is the starting point of this. We are incredibly lucky at City and somthing till this last week somthing i took for granted and activly questioned at times.

Just hope Bury demise won't be swept under the carpet.

DB9

Thank you for your kind words.

I never want to go through that again. Hopfuly this is a new brighter future for the club, the new owners seems to want to run us in the right way and the future chairman is a local lad done good which helps.

I think this should ultimately be the start of fans of all the EFL clubs calling and demanding change via protest and lobbying supporters trust etc to achieve this, id imagine/hope saturday is the starting point of this. We are incredibly lucky at City and somthing till this last week somthing i took for granted and activly questioned at times.

Just hope Bury demise won't be swept under the carpet.
Your last sentence i8, I feel in a couple of weeks it will be a case of "Bury who?"