• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

More problems at Bolton Wanderers

i8cornwall

A new bidder for the club came in late last night according to wanderers forums. To many rumours doing the rounds but I'm just happy that the club wasn't liquidated today, still not out of the woods yet.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bolton Wanderers players and staff are still waiting to receive their wages for March, two days after they were told a potential new owner would ensure salaries were paid on Friday.

Terryhall

Beeb suggesting the buyer is Laurence Bassini, once of Watford. Can't say I know much about him... was he the chap who loaned in more or less an entire squad from Udinese or something like that (?)

Googled him - don't think it's the bloke I was thinking of. Wikipedia isn't very promising, ran a pub, went bankrupt, blamed his Dad, changed his name, bought Watford and then Wikipedia says this:

"Bassini's tenure at Watford will forever be remembered by Watford fans as a period of clown-like incompetence and financial impropriety"

Out of the frying pan into the fire...? :(

Last edited:

i8cornwall

Beeb suggesting the buyer is Laurence Bassini, once of Watford. Can't say I know much about him... was he the chap who loaned in more or less an entire squad from Udinese or something like that (?)

Googled him - don't think it's the bloke I was thinking of. Wikipedia isn't very promising, ran a pub, went bankrupt, blamed his Dad, changed his name, bought Watford and then Wikipedia says this:

"Bassini's tenure at Watford will forever be remembered by Watford fans as a period of clown-like incompetence and financial impropriety"

Out of the frying pan into the fire...? :(
Bloke is a crook, worse then Ken Anderson. General feeling among my fellow whites and some very well placed sauces at the club is it won't be him due to the fact he would need 30 plus mill to pay off all of the creditors.

There has been another bidder reported as close to buying the club since the last court date. Hopfuly this is just someone in Ken Anderson camp trying to up the price of his shares and any additional fee's he'd get. I dread to think what would happen if Bassini's did take over.

What ever happens the club has to find a buyer within the week or I'll be flying up to greater Manchester next year for games in the northern counties league to watch AFC Bolton Wanderers.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Legohead

Banned
The bloke got back on his feet via property deals. He's into property. Not football. It's not possible to make the sums of money desired by these types of owners simply by owning a struggling football club. You don't really need to be a businessman to know this so therefore his reasons for investing into Bolton demand a further explanation.

More grief for Bolton sadly but for now they are saved and that's the main thing for now.

i8cornwall

The bloke got back on his feet via property deals. He's into property. Not football. It's not possible to make the sums of money desired by these types of owners simply by owning a struggling football club. You don't really need to be a businessman to know this so therefore his reasons for investing into Bolton demand a further explanation.

More grief for Bolton sadly but for now they are saved and that's the main thing for now.
He's is apparently the front of a consortium of far more wealthier people. Still have to prove funds before the club is there's, as it stands he has to do this by the 9th or another bidder gets the club. they have brought the debut from the former owners trustee's. unless somthing else has happened since I last checked the Wanderers way forum.

Personally I think/hope the other bidders will get the club who are far more better placed to fund the club. rumours that these bidders have a large amount of shares in Mclaren f1 and an Mls club.

Only thing I know for certain is if you all think nothing is straight forward when it comes to Wanderers.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't understand how he'd be allowed to take over Bolton? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47963769

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
If ever there were a case of frying pan into fire...

And I understand there is a small issue coming up for the owner of Notts Forest, which will definitely be worth keeping an eye on.