• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

More problems at Bolton Wanderers

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Club saying all dealings with Bassini are off and Bassini saying he is in control of the Club.

What the feck is going on ?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Brentford game is now cancelled and three points have been awarded to them. Bolton are to be disciplined.

i8cornwall

Wanderers are back in court again tomorrow with barring a mirical 1 of 2 outcomes, Administration or Liquidation looking like the only out comes.

Alistair20000

Bassini exposed as not having the money. What a count. :mad:

Administration prior to the court hearing tomorrow ?

i8cornwall

Hopfully we are put into admin early tomrrow morning but I'm not hopeful.

There is a massive game of chicken going on with the club between all involved and no one seems to be wanting to blink first.

Alistair20000

Two week adjournment given by the judge on the basis there is an “intention” to appoint an Administrator.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

No surprise that Bolton went into Administration yesterday. I suppose the winding up petition due to be heard again next week in the High Court will now be dismissed.

12 point deduction for them in League 1 next season. Not a sufficient punishment in my view. Should have been relegated down another tier with the highest placed side in the relegation places in League 1 reprieved. Oh, hang on a minute. I don't think that is a good idea at all.

i8cornwall

No surprise that Bolton went into Administration yesterday. I suppose the winding up petition due to be heard again next week in the High Court will now be dismissed.

12 point deduction for them in League 1 next season. Not a sufficient punishment in my view. Should have been relegated down another tier with the highest placed side in the relegation places in League 1 reprieved. Oh, hang on a minute. I don't think that is a good idea at all.
Its a minimum of 12 points, could be more as we didn't play the game aginst Brentford. It's going to be a long way back to where we belong.

What is more sad is that staff are now having to use footbanks set up by the Wanderers trust and local business due to still not being paid wages for a few months.

Alistair20000

Its a minimum of 12 points, could be more as we didn't play the game aginst Brentford. It's going to be a long way back to where we belong.

What is more sad is that staff are now having to use footbanks set up by the Wanderers trust and local business due to still not being paid wages for a few months.
Yes, really bad for the staff who are probably not that well paid anyway. The culprits for this debacle will unfortunately not be properly punished.

Everything I read referred to a 12 point deduction rather than a minimum of 12 points.

i8cornwall

There not, I've family who live in the town. Apparently a local un named championship side have helped with the fund.

The hearing hasn't happened yet so it's still possible, hopfuly it will just be the 12 points which would mean we have half a chance of staying up.