• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Model kit Building (Hobby Thread)

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
after a few weeks sorting out year end paperwork and stuff Im now heading back to the model bench to start three new projects..

The Tamiya stand is almost full of all their selection,

Picked up a nice Harder and Steenbeck Ultra Solo Airbrush with a 0.2mm nozzle to go with my Iwata Neo 0.35mm nozzle...

IMG_7189 2.JPGIMG_3847.JPG

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Started a proper vintage kit this evening.. nothing fits and lots of work needed... still trying to work out the colours needed

Screenshot 2019-09-29 at 20.18.41.pngScreenshot 2019-09-29 at 20.17.59.pngScreenshot 2019-09-29 at 20.18.30.pngScreenshot 2019-09-29 at 20.18.16.png

Last edited:

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Started a proper vintage kit this evening.. nothing fits and lots of work needed... still trying to work out the colours needed
Which Kit Lez?

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Which Kit Lez?
The pics took a lot longer to upload lol..

DB9

The pics took a lot longer to upload lol..
Lol, Look forward to seeing it mate

DB9

I have on Youtube seen this great channel called Smallworld where it shows how this chap builds his model, This chap is very skilled and i have never seen such a calm hand when doing tiny detailed work, Well worth a look

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Finally got round to mocking up the Chevy tonight for the ride height and engine placement , Wheels were wider than expected so instead of shaving them I shaved down the hubs for the inside's.
Think I'll end up using the Hemi heads rather than adding more chrome then onwards to making the header pipes then 4 into 1 collectors to exit out between the rear of the front wings and the tyres.
The body is almost finished with the colour sanding stage , then it will be just adding the silver for handles etc.
Looks a lot better than the original on the front of the box !

Attachments

DB9

Some nice photos there Ramone, From the front view it looks very wide, Was that standard or did you widen it?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
The front wings haven't been widened probably down to the camera angle ? The rear axle was shortened slightly along with the inner rear fender wells to be able to take the wider rear tyres though instead of widening the rear arches which id a real pain in 1/24th scale unless you have 2 kits that you don't mind destroying one of them.
The front seats look really smart now as I've done a satin red insert on the seats then scrunched up some clingfilm and put over it for a leather effect which looks good in the lighting but no matter what angle doesn't show up properly on a picture.
The engine still needs plumbing with HT leads etc and some small diameter copper tubing for the hoses.

DB9

Side view looks awesome mate, I could see real old school flames down the side if it were a different colour like a darker red or blue or black of course