• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Model kit Building (Hobby Thread)

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
We've increased pic size so it should be able to upload pics to the server now by using the image button or attach files button below left

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ever done a Saturn 5 Apollo Rocket Lez? I'm thinking of getting one but want one that has all the different parts to it like the moon landing bit, The part that orbited the moon and the capsule that landed back on Earth, Not wanting to build just one that's the shell of the Rocket

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
First is what I started with , second are those horrible high back seats that should be in a Gasser , third should be the cleaned up chassis getting rid of anything not needed (exhausts petrol tank etc etc ) fourth is the Chevy SSR low bucket seats fifth is the body mod stage getting rid of quarter lights in the front doors and moving them forward suicide doors de chroming windows and various indents for surplus bits last 2 are the black etch primer ready for me to decide what colour.

Attachments

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
While waiting around for bits to set etc I found an old diecast Fordson van which I though may look better … the front wings on this may end up being the colour for the Chevy !! cherry red and a gold dust coat then a lacquer coat to seal it in !

Its a lot smaller than the Chevy so the glitter effect wont show up as much , Idle hands and all that Lez lol

Attachments

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have to admit Ramone, You and Lez have some cracking models and something I don't have at the moment, A room to do your models in, I have all the gear needed and models in boxes in the loft but not a space to build anymore

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Ever done a Saturn 5 Apollo Rocket Lez? I'm thinking of getting one but want one that has all the different parts to it like the moon landing bit, The part that orbited the moon and the capsule that landed back on Earth, Not wanting to build just one that's the shell of the Rocket
I’ve just added the eagle to my collection to build!! I did a very basic Saturn 5 rocket in my youth but it’s something I’d like to do in the future when the price of it comes down, since the 50th anniversary the price has rocketed excuse the pun

I was only saying last week to the airfix rep he needs to get the team to create a falcon 9 and heavy to build as that’s why I got into building, wasn’t military but space!!

Attachments

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
First is what I started with , second are those horrible high back seats that should be in a Gasser , third should be the cleaned up chassis getting rid of anything not needed (exhausts petrol tank etc etc ) fourth is the Chevy SSR low bucket seats fifth is the body mod stage getting rid of quarter lights in the front doors and moving them forward suicide doors de chroming windows and various indents for surplus bits last 2 are the black etch primer ready for me to decide what colour.
fair play mate.. that's coming on brilliantly

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
While waiting around for bits to set etc I found an old diecast Fordson van which I though may look better … the front wings on this may end up being the colour for the Chevy !! cherry red and a gold dust coat then a lacquer coat to seal it in !

Its a lot smaller than the Chevy so the glitter effect wont show up as much , Idle hands and all that Lez lol
loving that van bud!! thats fabulous

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Have to admit Ramone, You and Lez have some cracking models and something I don't have at the moment, A room to do your models in, I have all the gear needed and models in boxes in the loft but not a space to build anymore
Surely a dinning table with newspaper covering it with masking tape to keep it in place is all you need lol :)