• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Model kit Building (Hobby Thread)

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I start on this a few weeks back but im trying to find a way of saving that sticker

Its still in bits :)
View attachment 1088
I did see one being restored where the guy doing it sent off or downloaded the decal, Think more likely he sent off for a replacement, I think they're out there

DB9

I know a cocktail stick is a firm favourite for using that glue.. I do remember back in the day pushing the cement out of the tube onto the part I wanted to join, then spending the next two weeks scraping the excess glue away :)
The joys of tubes of cement

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I did see one being restored where the guy doing it sent off or downloaded the decal, Think more likely he sent off for a replacement, I think they're out there
I will have a look, I know you use special paper and a inkjet which I dont have, its a special lacquer as well I was told you need to seal the decal once printed

DB9

I will have a look, I know you use special paper and a inkjet which I dont have, its a special lacquer as well I was told you need to seal the decal once printed
Something like this? Second page, £2.55

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Something like this? Second page, £2.55

You legend

Just found it
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Matchbox-61b-Alvis-Stalwart-BP-Exploration-decals-only-water-slide-or-sticker/372686093734?hash=item56c5d27da6:m:mW74tqRIR4sBJBOWJ26yS5A

DB9

No worries, Thought when I watched a video the guy said they are around if you look, I'm amazed you can get them but the world's a small place online and you can find anything

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Had a productive day

New bench fitted and had a spray booth made from the remaining MDF I had kicking around

The Mrs can now stop moaning about me taking up the dining table with my equipment

DB9

That's a cracking paint booth Lez, I'm sure Mrs Lez is really into your model building! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
That's a cracking paint booth Lez, I'm sure Mrs Lez is really into your model building! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
We agreed she can have half the bench to do her hobby and mine is just for spraying. Mind you I did say she could airbrush nails in it too lol

DB9

Mind you I did say she could airbrush nails in it too lol
See, Everyones a wiiner! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: