• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Model kit Building (Hobby Thread)

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
@DB9 that joyous celebration at the end wasn't for the building of it and the flight, it was the fact he was able to land it without crashing it :D :D

I bet there 100k invested in that model

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
@DB9 that joyous celebration at the end wasn't for the building of it and the flight, it was the fact he was able to land it without crashing it :D :D

I bet there 100k invested in that model
There was great relief when it landed safely, Was impressed with the landing too

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Today’s fail!! Bought from China and the holes aren’t 36mm but 25mm ffs

Attachments

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Today’s fail!! Bought from China and the holes aren’t 36mm but 25mm ffs
I'm really not gonna laugh Lez 🤣

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
You could probably make that yourself, Lez, tbh.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I'm really not gonna laugh Lez 🤣
Breaks my heart here too :)

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
You could probably make that yourself, Lez, tbh.
Aye but i don’t have time... :)

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice Lez , Just started a 1/24, 39 Chevy Coupe last day or so I've been getting rid of various bodylines ready to chop the roof a bit , number plate cut outs, modifying the chassis etc etc .
Next on the list is to cut and French the headlights into the fenders and expand the rear's to take bigger tyres.
How’s that going??

DB9

If that's wooden Lez it's out with the sandpaper and elbow grease

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
How’s that going??
Quite good tbh mate pretty much finished with the body mods now concentrating on the chassis have also ordered some ARE 5 spoke wheels to suit and a different engine with blower, Put the first guide coat on the body earlier which highlighted a couple of bits that need sorting then I can high gloss black colour sand that then on with the first of 3 top coats which maybe either candy apple red or a burnt orange ? The original interior was a bit boring so replaced that with some low bucket seats from a Chevy SSR model have also used the steering wheel from the SSR as it looked neater than the rubbish 3 spoke item
Also took delivery of a 1940 Ford coupe with a straight 6 engine (which will go in the bin) which will end up being full on pro street effect as the floor pan and chassis are as 1 bit so gonna make a new aluminium chassis hopefully by the time I finish the Chevy the new Bluestreak tyres will be here from the States along with the chrome Desoto engine and supercharger … Getting there mate lol .